This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Bet you’re looking for the best oven roasted pulled pork recipe. This one is so simple, and takes only a pot and a few hours in the oven before you’re savoring damned fine eating.
Grill season, grill season, grill season.
We get it. It’s the damned Martha Brady of the meat-loving world we live in. And the truth is, it is. Grilling meat just makes it better. (Disclaimer: Most of the time). But that doesn’t mean that you need thousands of dollars in fancy grills adorning your backyard and a fancy ribbon from KCBS to be a damned good cook this summer.
See, low and slow works perfectly fine in an oven too – and has for years. I wanted to create a pulled pork for those who may not have a grill, or may just not feel like standing next to it all damned day, and low and behold, I did. This is a slow braised Oven Roasted Pulled Pork, that packs all the same punch as a smoke – without the signature smoke flavor, or being outside. A great Dutch oven and a few minutes of prep are all you need for this pulled pork recipe.
Oven Roasted Pulled Pork
Oven Roasted Pulled Pork makes perfect fillings for quesadillas, toppings for that egg salad in the morning, sandwiches, or nibbles, if you’re admittedly lazy like me. Plus, it stores for about one week in an airtight container for reheating perfectly. Add a little more sauce, a dash of craft brew, or some broth to remoisten if heating on the stove or in a microwave (gasp!). Consider tossing it in cooking fat or broth and baking for crispy carnitas too.
Pro Tip: Still want the smoke? Try adding some liquid smoke to your recipe.
What’s your go-to pulled pork recipe?
Do you smoke it every time, slow cook it, or oven braise it? Have any tips or suggestions you want to throw in? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Chime in below or shoot me a message on social with #girlcarnivore @girlcarnivore.
I have a thing for pulled pork. Here are some more ways to bring it to the table that will have your family drooling!
Sweet Smoked Maple Pulled Pork French Toast
Smoked Pulled Pork Enchiladas
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
If you’ve tried my Oven Roasted Pulled Pork Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Oven Roasted Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 teas Salt
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 teas pepper
- 1/2 teas oregano
- 1/2 teas garlic powder
- 1/2 teas ancho chili powder
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup light beer
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Whisk the salt, chili powder, brown sugar, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and ancho chili powder together in a small bowl.
- Remove the pork from the wrapper and pat dry. Coat with the rub. Wrap in plastic wrap and allow the pork to rest in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Heat the olive oil until just smoking and add the onions. Brown for 5 minutes. Add the pork and sear for 5 to 7 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove from heat and add the beer. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours, checking once halfway through to see if more liquid is needed.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool until safe to handle. Shred the pork with two forks. Add barbecue sauce to coat the shredded pork and toss.
- Serve as shredded pork for sandwiches, tacos, quesadilla filling, nacho topping or more.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE