Let the slow cooker do all the work, and get your jam on with some damn fine pork. This slow cooker pulled pork is one of those recipes you’ll have on hand for summer barbecues and delicious pork sandwiches.
Table of Contents
Grills are good and all, but sometimes, there’s a shortcut that can create equally drool-worthy results. No, there aren’t going to be smoke rings, and you aren’t going to be able to brag to your buddies about how you maintained the perfect temp to produce fall-off-the-bone action, but you are going to be able to roll up your sleeves and get your jam on with some damn fine pork because you let the slow cooker do all the work and didn’t bat an eyelash.
What is Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Cooking something in the slow cooker means it is cooked at a low temperature for a long period of time. Meat connoisseurs usually use this method while barbecuing or smoking cuts of meat. It doesn’t always get the fastest results, but the slow cooking process makes for flavorful and tender meat.
The best slow cooker pork is served with a potato salad and a little extra bbq sauce! This is by far the easiest pulled pork recipe you will find.
Ingredients for Delicious Shredded Pork
- Boneless Pork Shoulder
- Diced Onion
- Minced Cloves
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This, paired with the water and spices, makes up for the absence of chicken broth in your recipe.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Mustard powder, Ancho Chile Powder, and smoked paprika
- BBQ Sauce
- Buns – a brioche bun will give you an incredibly soft texture to pair with the meat. Hamburger buns or slider buns do just fine as well.
- Optional Toppings: Coleslaw, Cheese, your favorite barbecue sauce, Fritos, etc
How to Make The Best Slow-Cooker Pork
- Begin by patting your pork roast dry and seasoning it with salt and pepper. Arrange your onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the pork in the crockpot with the vegetables.
- Whisk together your water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and spices in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over your pork butt and cover it with the lid.
- Let the pork to cook in the slow cooker for 8 to 10 hours on low until it reaches 208 – 210 degrees F and pulls easily with a fork.
- Then, shred the pork with two forks.
- Remove any excess fat with a fork. Toss the pork in barbecue sauce and allow it to thicken for about 30 minutes before serving it on your fresh buns.
GIRL CARNIVORE EXPERT RECIPE TIPS
Pull apart with forks.
- You’ll know the pork is done when you can pull it apart nicely with two forks. It will be extremely tender at this point.
What to Serve with Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Serving up your best cut of pork with some sides but not sure where to start. Beef tallow French fries are always a winner. Other delicious sides include smoked mac and cheese, potatoes, greens, Jalapeno popper fries, beans, and anything as indulgent as deep-fried mac and cheese!
Leftover and Reheating
To store leftover tender pork, place it in a gallon ziplock freezer bag and seal it tightly. You can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat your delicious meat, place it in the oven on a low setting with a little bit of liquid. Place it in a baking dish with a small amount of water and cook at about 250 degrees until it is warm. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but it may come out a little dry.
This great recipe is our favorite way to cook pork for sandwiches, tacos, and more all year long. It’s great for busy days when we can just hook up the slow cooker and let it do it’s thing.
Have you tried this recipe? Do us a favor and rate the recipe card with the ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ and drop a comment to help out the next reader.
Save This Recipe ✉️
Enter your email below, and I’ll send this recipe straight to your inbox.
Plus, I’ll send you great new recipes fresh outta the oven.
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 onion rough dice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbs cider vinegar
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- More BBQ sauce
- Pat the pork roast dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the diced onion and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Place in the crock pot.
- Whisk the water, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder, ancho chili powder, and smoked paprika in a bowl together.
- Pour over the pork.
- Cover with lid and allow to cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until the pork easily pulls apart.
- Remove any fat from the pork pull apart with 2 forks.
- Toss with barbecue sauce and allow to thicken for about 30 minutes before serving on fresh buns with desired toppings.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe Bookmark
The key to tender and juicy meat is to cook this easy recipe low and slow. The best cut of meat will come out tasty when cooked at a low temperature pretty much all day. There are many different ways to achieve this, and the slow cooker is just one of them.
While it’s difficult, it is possible to overcook your meat in a crock pot. The best advice here is to make sure you have enough moisture in your pot while the meat cooks. If you can, check on it occasionally and add more water if it has evaporated.
This recipe calls for water, but you can also use chicken broth. This will add some extra flavor to your meal. If you need more but are out of broth, just add water!