Sink your teeth into these IPA Pulled Pork Cheese Dogs Recipe. All beef brisket hot dogs, topped with IPA pulled pork and an easy IPA Cheese Sauce. Elevate your backyard barbecue.
This post is sponsored by Curly’s RoadTrip Eats – but it’s delicious and you should make it. Girls gotta pay the bills, but you’d better believe the foods still damned good.
Is there anything as rewarding as the crisp snap of a real all beef hot dog? Something about the classic flavors of the bun, piled high with toppings, brings us back to summertime, baseball, and tailgaters best.
A classic portable street food that can be dressed up to your heart’s desire or left simple and plane for those meals when you just need a bit of nostalgia. This IPA Pulled Pork Cheese Dogs Recipe is just that.
For me personally, I am guilty of loving a classic hot dog for sitting out back, sipping something cold and hanging out with a small group of close friends as the sun sinks low into the horizon on the humid summer nights. It’s my birthday month, and this is the perfect way to celebrate for me. It’s someone else’s birthday month, too, and that’s Curly’s.
They’re turning 30 today and that’s worth celebrating. You can find Curly’s in the refrigerated meat case in your local grocery store, and it’s an easy go-to for me anytime I want to make a recipe that’s fast and easy for crowds. Whether you’re hanging out in small groups, close company, good laughs, memories, and relaxing. So, I invited some people over for a classic backyard evening with a little blues and low-key BBQ.
Best of all I didn’t stand around tending the grill all night, I simply hung out with friends and enjoyed good food and laughs.
IPA Pulled Pork Cheese Dogs Recipe
- 1 lbs Pulled Pork
- 1 pack all beef brisket hot dogs
- 1/2 pint Cherry red tomatoes sliced
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
For the Easy IPA Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbs butter
- 8 oz can IPA Craft Beer
- 8 oz sharp or mild cheddar cheese
- ½ teas cayenne pepper
- Salt and cracked black pepper
For the Slaw
- ½ head Cabbage shredded
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- 1 green pepper seeded and sliced thin
- ½ teas teas brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tbs mayo
- 1 teas teas apple cider vinegar
- Reheat the Pulled Pork according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the flour and cook stir to combine, cooking for 1 minute to make your roux.
- Whisk in the IPA a bit at a time. Add the cheese in a bit at a time, whisking the whole time.
- As the cheese melts, season with the cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the cheese to melt.
- Move off heat if needed, or add a bit more IPA Craft beer if the cheese begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the hot dogs on the grill. Whisk the cabbage slaw ingredients together. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the dogs with the buns, cheese sauce and cabbage for people to create a build their own bar with a case of beer and a relaxed atmosphere.