Just in case you weren’t sure Mac and Cheese was the ultimate comfort food – this one seals the deal. Smoked cheese and smoked chicken, Mac and Cheese has never been so good.
Just in case you weren’t sure mac and cheese was the ultimate male comfort food – this one seals the deal. Take the creamy goodness of smooth rich smoked cheese over copious amounts of pasta, and toss it some steroids. Ok, a lot of steroids. I added all the testosterone I could think of, without getting a call from the health department. Otherwise, it would have just gotten awkward. If you smoke a chicken yourself beforehand you can gorge on poultry all week. Or a turkey. Heck, substitute any smoked meat you want in this, and it won’t hurt my feelings.
If you’ve tried my Double Smoked Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
In case you haven’t realized, I love Mac and Cheese. Try these others, and toss out the blue box.
Double Smoked Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb chicken smoked (preferably, wrapped in bacon, and then smoked), picked from bone and cut into bite sized pieces (save some for sandwiches later)
- 12 oz pasta cooked to al dente
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 – 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Smoked Cheese shredded (See note)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- Have your cheese shredded, pasta drained and rinsed (after cooking), chicken and bacon chopped and ready to go for this recipe.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the wine and milk. You want a smooth even roux. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until thick about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sour cream until smooth.
- Toss in the pasta, chopped chicken, and bacon.
- Top with scallions and serve.