Take noodles, add some cheese, and you have a meal you can mix and match 365 days a year and make your inner fat kid happy. Toss in some extra veggies and protein and you can even call it dinner – though we aren’t going to dance around the truth – this isn’t healthy eating. It’s fork-by-fork comfort food. The kind of food I crave more often then a chick is supposed to admit.
Deviate from Velveeta and live a little on the spicy side tonight.
- 16 oz elbow or other spirally pasta
- 2 lbs leftover cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teas salt
- 1/4 teas pepper
- 2 teas taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated monteray jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chipotle panko breadcrumbs or just regular panko if you have it on hand
- 2 to 3 scallions minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish and set aside. Cook the pasta according to manufacturers direction. Drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, red pepper, black beans, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Toss together. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, milk, and chipotle salsa. Add the cheese and chicken. Pour the pasta into the Alfredo mixture and toss to coat. Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with panko and bake for 35 - 40 minutes until sauce is bubbling and top is golden.
- Serve with minced scallions and a few dashes of Tabasco on top.