This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Noodles, cheese, veggies, and protein. A meal to make your inner fat kid happy.
Take noodles, add some cheese, and you have a meal you can mix and match 365 days a year and make your inner fat kid happy. Toss in some extra veggies and protein and you can even call it dinner – though we aren’t going to dance around the truth – this isn’t healthy eating. Though, Fiesta Alfredo, that sounds healthy 😉. It’s fork-by-fork comfort food. The kind of food I crave more often than a chick is supposed to admit.
Deviate from Velveeta and live a little on the spicy side tonight.
I’m not gonna lie, Mac and Cheese is the king of comfort foods. And not even pretending to be healthy. But it is so good!! And if you give these a try, you won’t be sorry!
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers | Campfire Recipe
- Smoked Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- Bourbon Braised Short Ribs with Honey and Fig Mac and Cheese
If you’ve tried my Fiesta Alfredo Mac and Cheese, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 16 oz elbow or other spirally pasta
- 2 lbs leftover cooked chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teas salt
- 1/4 teas pepper
- 2 teas taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated monteray jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chipotle panko breadcrumbs or just regular panko if you have it on hand
- 2 to 3 scallions minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish and set aside. Cook the pasta according to manufacturers direction. Drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, red pepper, black beans, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Toss together. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, milk, and chipotle salsa. Add the cheese and chicken. Pour the pasta into the Alfredo mixture and toss to coat. Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with panko and bake for 35 – 40 minutes until sauce is bubbling and top is golden.
- Serve with minced scallions and a few dashes of Tabasco on top.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE