Pasta slathered in cheese and loaded with zesty chorizo sausages… now we’re talking.
It’s winter and where some people are prepping for resolutions and goals, I am prepping some sweaters. Some big fat baggy sweaters. You know why? Because pasta is delicious. Pasta slathered in cheese, even better. Pasta slathered in cheese and loaded with zesty chorizo sausages… now we’re talking. Yeah, so get your bikini body. Forfeit a season of indulgent comfort food. I get it, skinny feels damned good. But you know what, fat and happy is pretty damned rewarding too. So pass me that Spicy Sausage & Chipolte Mac and Cheese.
Bust out the sweat pants if you’re coming along with me. It’s going to get cozy up in here.
I’m not gonna lie, Mac and Cheese is the king of comfort foods. And not even pretending to be healthy. But it is so good!! And if you give these a try, you won’t be sorry!
- Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers | Campfire Recipe
- Smoked Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- Bourbon Braised Short Ribs with Honey and Fig Mac and Cheese
If you’ve tried my Spicy Sausage & Chipolte Mac and Cheese, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- ¼ vegetable oil
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced into ¼ – ½″ pieces
- 1 lbs chorizo sausage removed from casings
- ½ pepper chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 6 to 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- ½ cup Velveeta
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teas chipotle in adobo sauce – sauce only
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 ½ – 2 cups spinach
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, coat the pan with the vegetable oil until just smoking. Add the sweet potatoes and cook until brown on all sides. Add the sausage and break into bite sized chunks while cooking, 7 to 10 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and continue to cook until soft,
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the Velveeta, cheddar and milk; Stirring to combine. Add the adobo sauce and salsa and mix.
- Combine the drained al dente pasta, cheese sauce and sausage mixture in one pan. Toss in the spinach and mix while wilting to combine.