This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Who doesn’t love a sizzling platter of fresh fajita fixins?! Cuz I know one girl who will never turn a platter of that goodness down. Char-Grilled Fajita Burger Recipe puts it all that flavor between two buns.
This is a sponsored post for Char-Broil.com, however, it’s still a kick-ass burger.
Looking for a new recipe to spice up your burger? Try this delicious fusion fajita burger topped with grilled onions, peppers, manchego cheese, and homemade guacamole.
We all know that fajita night is the perfect night of the week. Everyone get’s excited for a build your own bar with the aroma of seared onions and peppers tossed with meats and spices. Forget the tortillas, shove all those flavors in between a soft bun and the classic fajita is an all-star burger recipe. Pair with a light beer or margarita (like my Pineapple Margarita) and let the fiesta begin.
Check out some of my other Over-the-Top Burger Creations right here on Girl Carnivore!
- Short Rib Burgers with Lemongrass & Fennel Slaw
- Zesty Pimento Cheeseburger
- Harissa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Smoked Blueberry Raclette Burgers
If you’ve tried my Char Grilled Fajita Burgers Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Char Grilled Fajita Burgers
For the Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 green pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices Manchego cheese
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- lettuce and tomato
- 6 Brioche buns
- Preheat one side of your grill to 400°F, leaving the other side off for indirect grilling.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of fajita seasoning into the ground beef.
- Form the ground beef into 6 patties. Make a dimple in the center of each with your thumb and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the onion slices and peppers in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange the veggies in a grill basket and place on the cooler side of the grill over indirect heat, tossing occasionally until veggies are charred and softened, 7-10 minutes.
- Arrange the patties on the hot side of the grill and close the lid. Grill 4-5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 160°F, flipping once halfway through for even cooking.
- Place the buns on the cool side of the grill to toast.
- When the burgers are almost done, place a slice of Manchego cheese on each burger. Close the lid to allow the cheese to melt. Remove from grill and rest the burgers.
- Arrange the buns with lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun. Top with a burger, a dollop of guacamole and a healthy pile of fresh grilled onions and peppers.
- Grab an extra napkin.
You can also find this recipe for Char Grilled Fajita Burgers on the Char-Broil AllStar Site.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE