You know what never get’s old? Enchiladas. Why? Because they are 100% customizable. Especially the Fast and Easy Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas!
You know what never get’s old? Enchiladas. Why? Because they are 100% customizable. Especially the Fast and Easy Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas! Every single time. Picky eaters, add cheese to a few than count your blessings you aren’t like them. Creative food snobs? Turn up the heat and wow them with your own red sauce or a seafood combo that they weren’t expecting. There are red ones, green ones, beefy ones, and more. Really, you can have your enchilada any way you like it. Even if it is fast and easy.
It happens to the best of us from time to time.
Dinner tonight? Fast and Easy Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas!
If you’ve tried my Weeknight Chicken Enchiladas recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 6 oz rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced then chopped
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 can or packet enchilada sauce
- pico de gallo and sour cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, pepper and mushroom and cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken and toss to combine.
- Add 4 tablespoons enchilada sauce and mix. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the tortillas in the pan and divide the filling up between them. Top each with a little cheese and wrap snugly.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until cheese has melted and enchilada sauce is bubbling.
- Top with fresh pico de gallo, a dollop of sour cream and avocado slices. Serve with rice, if desired.