Who said brunch couldn’t be barbecue? Put that leftover brisket to work with this crazy delicious BBQ Brisket Egg Sandwich.
Eggs. The wonder food of the universe. Packed with all the healthy things your body needs with scaring people into watching their cholesterol all at the same time. Trends come and go on whether the edible egg is really that healthy for you, and I can’t say I will ever
care know. I’m not down with too much food science and up until a few years ago, I couldn’t stomach the thought of eggs. Nowadays, I am learning a love for the creamy little delights. Especially when I can turn it into an excuse to eat leftover pulled brisket for breakfast. Put cheese and beef on a stick, and I’d probably nibble on it for a minute or two.
Lucky for you this breakfast sandwich is quick, easy, and a hell of a lot more chewy than anything on a stick.
Forget cereal, make breakfast meaty.
Want some easy breakfast inspo? Try my favorite recipes!
If you’ve tried my BBQ Brisket Egg Sandwich recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
BBQ Brisket Egg Sandwich
- ½ cup leftover barbecue brisket
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- dash of hot sauce
- ¼ cup cheese
- ¼ red onion sliced paper-thin
- English muffins white bread, or sandwich thins
- barbecue sauce for topping
- Reheat the brisket in the microwave or oven.
- Preheat a small skillet over medium heat for eggs.
- Whisk the eggs with the water, salt, pepper, and dash of Tabasco sauce.
- Swirl butter in the preheated pan to coat and pour in the eggs.
- Scramble to preferred doneness, but cooked through. Remove from heat, top with a bit of cheese and cover for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread.
- Divide the eggs over the toasted bread. Top with warm brisket, red onions, and extra bbq sauce if desired.
- Finish off with top bread layer and serve.