Need to use up some leftover burgers? Maybe cure a hangover? Or really just love a good omelet? Try this delicious and unapologetically glorious Cheeseburger Omelette to get you through the day.
Need one of those OMG I didn’t even thnk about it but dang this is crazy good breakfasts? Yep. This. (or heck, maybe you are even thinking up how to use leftover patties in other fun ways, like this breakfast grilled cheese)… either way…. .
The morning after a big summer bbq is draining. There is a mountain of dishes, beer bottles everywhere, some random dude still drooling on your sofa, and a blow-up donkey stuck in the tree. There are firework fuses are laying about like random booby traps and you really don’t want to open the grill to see what was forgotten from the night before.
Oh, come on, you’ve been there. If not, I’ll let you know when the next shindig is.
But, for reals, this omelet is a perfect breakfast for that kind of morning. Or maybe even one not nearly that rough. It’s a great way to use up leftover burgers and combine them with the superpower that are eggs. My favorite part is that the char-grilled beef flavor shines through! Totally magic.
Hopefully, you were smart enough to wrap up those extra patties that always seem to linger. Heaven forbid anyone take the last burger…
Lucky for you, that burger is going to become the fuel that gets you through the day, that hangover, and help you ignore all of the chaos in the back yard while dreaming that some magic fairy is coming to help clean it all up.
So, if you have a few leftover burgers from yesterday’s barbecue…
What can you make with leftover hamburger patties?
I love using leftovers (so much so that I have an entire recipe category here on the site just for them). Not only does using up leftovers make me feel better about what I’m cooking, but it’s also pennywise and inspires me in the kitchen.
Leftover burger patties are great for
- fried rice
- grilled cheese
- pizza toppings
- power bowls
- salad toppings (this is one of my favs!)
- mac and cheese addition
- nacho topping
- stuffed peppers
And now, on to breakfast.
Want more easy breakfast inspiration? Try some of my favorite recipes
- Easy Breakfast Enchiladas
- Smoked Chicken Chilaquiles
- Whole 30 Grilled Avocado Baked Eggs
- Spicy Chipotle Breakfast Hash
If you’ve tried this omelet or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Easy Cheeseburger Omelette
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 leftover cooked cheeseburger patty
- ⅛ small onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teas water
- 1 teas Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- ⅛ cup shredded cheese
- Ketchup or 1000 island dressing
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and swirl to coat pan. Add the onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cheeseburger patty and break up into small pieces. Cook for two or three minutes longer to get everything heated through and onion is softened.
- Remove the beef and onion from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, water, and Worcestershire sauce until a bit frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until edges are just set, occasionally pulling in from the edges with a small spatula, sweeping in towards the center.
- Swirl pan and repeat once or twice. Cook until the bottom is almost set but the top is still a bit wet. Add the burger and onion to the center of the omelet.
- Get fancy and flip if you want things to possibly end badly (not saying that I'm speaking from experience or anything). Otherwise, fold over and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt, about 1 minute longer.
- Off heat, season with salt and pepper. Transfer the omelet to a serving plate.
- Serve with ketchup or 1000 dressing and other cheeseburger fixings if desired.