This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Salmon is the fish I always find myself returning to. This Maple Salmon has great texture and lacks that ‘fishy’ flavor. Baked, grilled, smoked, or broiled – you pretty much can’t screw salmon up. Unless you over cook it. Let’s not do that.
Fish. That about as close to vegetarian as it gets in this kitchen. I always tell myself it’s the healthiest of the proteins. My go to for when I really want to feel like I’m doing something good for myself. Then I go and roll it in maple syrup and tell myself those calories don’t count at all, you know, cuz the fish makes it healthy.
Fat kid logic. I love it.
Salmon is the fish I always find myself returning to. It’s got great texture and lacks that ‘fishy’ flavor (No seriously what the hell is ‘fishy flavor’? Seriously, don’t like that taste – don’t eat fish? My god, I hate when my burger taste like cow too…Said no one ever). Bake it, grill it, smoke it (promise that’s coming), or broil it – you pretty much can’t screw salmon up. Unless you over cook it. Let’s not do that.
If you’ve tried my Baked Maple Salmon recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2-4 4oz salmon portions
- 1 tbsp Molasses Bacon Seasoning
- 2 tbsp good quality pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place salmon on the baking sheet and sprinkle with seasoning. Rub into both sides of the fish.
- Spread syrup over top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Meanwhile preheat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and swirl around the pan.
- Add the corn and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve salmon over corn.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE