Looking for the All-American Quesadilla? Let’s get patriotic, stop counting calories, upgrade that coke to a Big Gulp and do this!
There is nothing healthy about a quesadilla. Essentially, I slimmed the carbs out of the way and shoved more cheese into an over-glorified pressed sandwich. Then I googled everything America loves and shoved bacon, ranch, and chicken in there too – a winning combination clogging the arteries and topping pizzas in an ongoing trend nationwide.
And you know what, I even put a little avocado on there for you health-conscious types looking to slim your waistline with good-for-you fats. All in all, it was pretty glorious. So, get patriotic, stop counting calories, upgrade that coke to a Big Gulp and let’s do this.
One glorious bite at a time.
What is not to love about meat and cheese pressed between two toasted tortillas? The next time you’re craving a quesadilla, give one of these a try!
If you’ve tried my Zesty Ranch BBQ Bacon Chicken Quesadilla Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Zesty Ranch BBQ Bacon Chicken Quesadilla
- flour tortillas
- 2 slices cooked bacon diced
- 1/4 small onion minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 – 4 tbs zesty ranch dressing
- 4 oz monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- Mix the chopped bacon, chicken, onion and barbecue sauce in a bowl together.
- Preheat griddle or quesadilla press.
- Arrange a torilla on a flat surface. Spread bbq chicken mixture evenly over leaving a 1″ border. Top with zesty ranch dressing, cheese, and some avocado. Finish off with another tortilla.
- Press until golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.