This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
(trying something new here… we’ll see how it works)
There is nothing healthy about a quesadilla. Essentially, I slimmed the carbs out of the way and shoved more cheese into an over glorified pressed sandwich. Then I googled everything America loves and shoved bacon, ranch and chicken in there too – a winning combination clogging the arteries and topping pizzas in an ongoing trend nationwide.
And you know what, I even put a little avocado on there for you health conscious types looking to slim your waistline with good-for-you fats. All in all, it was pretty glorious. So, get patriotic, stop counting calories, upgrade that coke to a Big Gulp and lets do this.
One glorious bite at a time.
Zesty Ranch BBQ Bacon Chicken QuesadillaPrint Pin Rate
- flour tortillas
- 2 slices cooked bacon diced
- 1/4 small onion minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 - 4 tbs zesty ranch dressing
- 4 oz monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- Mix the chopped bacon, chicken, onion and barbecue sauce in a bowl together.
- Preheat griddle or quesadilla press.
- Arrange a torilla on a flat surface. Spread bbq chicken mixture evenly over leaving a 1" border. Top with zesty ranch dressing, cheese, and some avocado. Finish off with another tortilla.
- Press until golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE