This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This Breakfast Quesadilla is filled with eggs, cheese and BBQ pork. Once you step away from the cereal bowl, you may never go back.
Breakfast is my slacker meal. I would rather annoy everyone near me with uncomfortable tummy grumbles all day long to save up for one indulgent meaty meal than waste my time with cardboard and milk. I’m busy. I’m late. I never eat breakfast. But when I do, I skip the Lucky Charms and go all in for something like this. A piled high concoction of leftovers in the fridge mingling together in this breakfast of champions. Or at least, champion eaters.
Silly rabbit, Tricks are for kids. This quesadilla is all for me.
If you’ve tried my BBQ Pork Breakfast Quesadilla recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Don’t Settle when it comes to a breakfast. Fuel your day and you won’t regret it. Try these for a wakeup!
BBQ Pork Breakfast Quesadilla
- 2 tbs butter divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese shredded ( though, tbh, I think I just used a slice of American)
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked bbq pork shredded (reheated)
- 1/2 avocado mashed with a fork
- 4 tortillas
- salsa hot sauce and other desired fixings
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium - medium-high heat. Melt 1 tbs butter in the skillet and swirl to coat the pan.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and cook, scrambling, until almost set.
- Sprinkle the cheese in and cover the pan for 30 seconds to let eggs set and cheese melt. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet. (Have everything ready in an assembly line to fix the quesadillas and pop in the skillet.)
- Melt the butter in the skillet.
- Place 2 of the tortilla shells on a flat work surface and divide the evenly eggs over each. Top with the pork and mashed avocado. Top with the remaining shell.
- Place in the skillet and press to get golden and crispy. Flip and repeat, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortilla (you could also use a panini press or flat griddle if you have one).
- Serve with salsa and other desired fixings for a meaty manly breakfast to fuel your day.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE