Who knew a simple egg dish could pack so much flavor. These Whole 30 Grilled Harissa Avocado Baked Eggs are about as simple as you can get and are loaded with flavor. Bonus, they keep you full, fueling you post workout and long into your day.
When I decided to do the Whole 30, I read countless blogs about how boring my food was going to be. How I would make the same 4 to 6 meals for 30 days. It would be a miracle, but food was going to be boring. And I was going to eat nothing but eggs and celery. And Luna bars. And I would live off coffee (ok, that last part is true).
That’s just dumb.
I did make a lot of eggs. But nothing about my food was boring. I met and made a Whole 30 Pose, with No Crumbs Left and BazaarLazarr. We rocked it. And you know what? Cooking with only real food actually got me back into a serious cooking grove. I am going to thank Whole 3o and its crazy-ass list and rules for reminding me I am the boss of my food and I can really get inspired.
Now, go hard boil 30 eggs.
Or get all sorts of motivated like me. I bet I know which one taste better.
- 1 avocado sliced down the center, pit removed
- 1 teas oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs harissa
- Salt and pepper
- Clean and oil your grill grate. Preheat the grill for indirect heat by building a fire only on one side of the grill. Cover and allow to heat.
- Brush the avocado halves with the oil, and grill on the hot side of the grill, cut side down 2 to 3 minutes, until nice char marks appear.
- Flip and place on a preheated skillet. Carefully place the 1 egg in each half and spoon the harissa over both halves. Cover and cook until the eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.