Want something new? Try this savory blend of herbs and spices mixed into ground lamb and served with a poached eggs; Turmeric Ground Lamb and Eggs.
Have you ever cooked out in the open?
5 Tips for Easy Camp Cooking:
- Color coded dining: Reduce waste and make sure everyone knows who is drinking out of what cup. Have a set of metal or plastic plates, utensils, and a cup in a unique color for each member of the campsite. Makes those late-night cocktails not get so mixed up and makes it easy to see if everything’s been cleaned up at the end.
- No Fear Eggs: Crack your eggs and store them in a sealed glass jar ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about their delicate shells
- Foil packets: Trap heat and moisture when cooking over the open flame by creating packets out of heavy-duty or two layers of aluminum foil. It’s an easy trick that requires no cleanup and doesn’t dirty a pan.
- Foil packets: Trap heat and moisture when cooking over the open flame by creating packets out of heavy duty or two layers of aluminum foil. It’s an easy trick that requires no cleanup and doesn’t dirty a pan.
- Packeted Spice Mix: Don’t settle for bland – have your spices mixed and ready to go in small ziplock bags. You can still season your recipes and never forgo flavor.
- Take it to the next level – store each recipe, and its various packets in quart bags so that they don’t commingle as you are digging for the mayo.
Now get active and let’s grill some lamb!
Lamb and Eggs is perfect for breakfast
If you’ve tried my Turmeric Ground Lamb and Eggs recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Turmeric Ground Lamb and Eggs
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 lbs ground lamb
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 pint variety of cherry tomatoes
- 3 to 6 eggs
- 3 tbs chopped olives
- Fresh parsley & thyme
- Serve with naan if desired tzatziki, and olive oil
Cook the Lamb:
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil a large heavy skillet over medium high heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add the chopped onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the ground lamb and cook, browning through and draining off any fat as needed.
- Stir in the harissa, tarragon, cumin cardamom and tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Allow the lamb to crisp a bit over low heat while you finish the recipe.
Poach the Eggs:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Drop the eggs in one at a time, slowly and allow to poach 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the water and drain. Don’t have a grill for camping? Just fry the eggs instead and enjoy.
Char the tomatoes:
- Toss the tomatoes in the remaining 1 tbs olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Char the tomatoes over the open flame
- OR: Toss onto a baking sheet and place in the oven under the broiler until bursting and charred, 3 to 5 minutes with a watchful eye.
Put it all together:
- Toss the tomatoes into the ground lamb, arrange the eggs over over top and garnish with olives, parsley, thyme, and additional salt and pepper.
- Serve with naan, tzatziki sauce, and olive oil for dipping if desired and enjoy.