Want something new? Try this savory blend of herbs and spices mixed into ground lamb and served with a poached eggs; Turmeric Ground Lamb and Eggs.
This post was sponsored on behalf of the American Lamb Board for their Summer Lambventures – girls gotta pay the bills. But seriously, it’s also crazy delicious and you should really try it and my other kick ass lamb recipes.
Have you ever cooked out in the open?
5 Tips for Painless Camp Site Cooking:
Now get active and let’s grill some lamb!
Lamb and Eggs!
If you’ve tried my Turmeric Ground Lamb and Eggs recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 lbs ground lamb
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 pint variety of cherry tomatoes
- 3 to 6 eggs
- 3 tbs chopped olives
- Fresh parsley & thyme
- Serve with naan if desired tzatziki, and olive oil
Cook the Lamb:
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil a large heavy skillet over medium high heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add the chopped onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the ground lamb and cook, browning through and draining off any fat as needed.
- Stir in the harissa, tarragon, cumin cardamom and tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Allow the lamb to crisp a bit over low heat while you finish the recipe.
Poach the Eggs:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Drop the eggs in one at a time, slowly and allow to poach 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the water and drain. Don't have a grill for camping? Just fry the eggs instead and enjoy.
Char the tomatoes:
- Toss the tomatoes in the remaining 1 tbs olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Char the tomatoes over the open flame
- OR: Toss onto a baking sheet and place in the oven under the broiler until bursting and charred, 3 to 5 minutes with a watchful eye.
Put it all together:
- Toss the tomatoes into the ground lamb, arrange the eggs over over top and garnish with olives, parsley, thyme, and additional salt and pepper.
- Serve with naan, tzatziki sauce, and olive oil for dipping if desired and enjoy.