A little hummus, fresh veggies, and herbs and this became more than a gluttonous fatty meal. It became something altogether different.
The lamb burger. Something about it seems so outrageously over the top. Indulgent. The Magnum Ice Cream of the burger world. With hummus on it. And something about it is just so right. It makes you want to pull out all the stops. Dress her up and take her out on the town. It makes you want to get spicy and fire up all the flavors for the full mouthfeel experience.
For this creation, I was heavily influenced by a burger I had down in Cambridge MD by the head chef for a gastropub. Mediterranean flavors really accentuated the whole flavor profile and brought this together in an unexpected way. A little hummus, fresh veggies, and herbs and this became more than a gluttonous fatty meal. It became something all together different.
The Roasted Red Pepper Hummus lamb burger. High fat, great flavor. Is it the perfect patty for your burger?
You tell me.
As the Online Queen of all things Burger related (and humble too), I wanted to make sure that you knew that this recipe is only scratching the surface of the amazing things that you can do with a decadent lamb patty. Here are some more of my masterpieces!
- Harissa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Caribbean-Jerk Lamb Burgers with Tostones
- And if we’re going lamb, why not throw a little veal into the mix 😉
If you’ve tried my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Lamb Burger or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 4 lamb burgers
- 2 large flat breads cut in half
- 2 roasted red peppers minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/8 cup freshly snipped parsley
- 1 cucumber sliced thin
- 1 to mato sliced thin
- red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- Prep your grill, clean and oil the grates.
- In a bowl, toss the red pepper, feta and parsley together.
- Whisk the hummus and yogurt together; set aside.
- Grill the burgers to desired doneness. Toast the flat breads.
- Arrange the lamb burgers over lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatos on the flat bread. Spoon hummus sauce over top and sprinkle a hefty portion of the red pepper feta mix on top.
- Serve and enjoy.