A burger infused with big beefy flavor, inspired by my local city, and smothered in provolone, peppers and onions.
Welcome the Philly Cheesesteak Burger with a kicking Roasted Garlic Aioli. Not just a burger, but a burger infused with big beefy flavor, inspired by my local city, and smothered in provolone, peppers, and onions. The closest thing you are going to get to a real steak outside of the City of Brotherly Love. And my latest contribution to the burger mayhem I have created here.
This Girl Carnivore wrangled up a cast of 30 other talented burger enthusiast and we are about to stack, stuff, and slather anything and everything we can between two buns. Sit back and join us for 31 epic days of carnivorous pleasure as July is going to be the biggest, baddest celebration of burgers on the web. Hopefully, you even get a little inspired and step out to create your own #burgermonth creation. Oh, and did I mention there’s a major giveaway going on too? Yeah, you may want to stick around for this one. Because every day a new blogger on the list is posting a recipe, that means that every day, there’s more chances to win.
A huge thanks to all of the fun bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth , El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard, FireWire Grilling Skewers, Hamilton Beach, KitchenIQ, The Spice House, and Wisconsin Cheese
Keep checking all month long on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to see all of the delicious burgers and bloggers participating! If you want to be sure to never miss one meaty bite, subscribe to the email list for updates right to your inbox.
This month just got epic. But we’ll let you be the judge of that.
Want more burger inspiration? Try some of my favorite recipes and check out my annual BurgerMonth party!
- Black and Blue Burger
- Harrisa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burger
- Fried Oyster Bayou Burger
- Rarebit Cheeseburger
If you’ve tried my Philly Cheesesteak Burger or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Philly Cheesesteak Burger Recipe with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup real mayo
- 1 lbs ground beef ground sirloin and well marbled rib eye if possible
- 1 teas Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs Montreal Steak Seasoning low-sodium if you can find it
- salt and pepper
- ½ onion sliced into rings
- 1 green pepper seeded and sliced into rings
- provolone slices
- red leaf lettuce
- soft burger buns
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Chip the top bit off of the head of garlic, exposing the cloves. Don’t worry about the skin. Place in an aluminum foil packet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 40 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic from the skin and pulse in a food processor. Add the mayo, and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill for medium-high. Clean and grease the grates.
- Mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal Steak seasoning, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Form into even patties with an indent from your thumb in the center.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the peppers and onions until soft and starting to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the burgers on the preheated grill and cook until done, 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Cover with cheese, close lid and let the cheese melt, a minute longer.
- Arrange the burgers on toasted buns with the garlic mayo, lettuce, peppers and onions. Serve warm and with napkins.