These sliders are also loaded with pepperoni to heat up the night. Find the spiciest you can and use it to knock the flavor up a bit.
The thing about sliders is they are the perfect combination to be deadly. Disguised as ‘mini’ they quickly set off a woman’s natural born cuteness radar and attract us like bees to honey. But once you have her signed, sealed, and delivered next to you at the grill, you are allowed to eat more than your fair share because, well, they are mini. See? Perfect and dangerous all at the same time. These sliders are also loaded with pepperoni to heat up the night. Find the spiciest you can and use it to knock the flavor up a bit. Don’t settle for generic pre-sliced baggies of stale wanna-be pepperoni. Go for the real deal. Your lady can even help with the prep, handling that log of cured meat for you.
Really, we could turn this little burger into a whole evening of fun… Not awkward. Not awkward at all. To round these sliders out, make sure to pair them with a light side salad, or build a dinner bar with something as equally delicious like this steak pizzaiola and hearty pasta e fagioli soup.
Who’s with me?
Burgers and Sliders are kinda my deal. Check out some of my other Over-the-Top Burger Creations!
- Short Rib Burgers with Lemongrass & Fennel Slaw
- Zesty Pimento Cheeseburger
- Harissa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Smoked Blueberry Raclette Burgers
If you’ve tried my Pepperoni Sliders or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 7 oz stick pepperoni sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil minced
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce warmed
- mozarella cheese
- slider buns split
- additional fresh basil for topping if desired
- Pulse 5 oz of the pepperoni and the garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor until finely minced. Set the remaining pepperoni aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, minced pepperoni, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Toss to mix and gently form into patties large enough for the slider rolls. Press your thumb into the center of each to make a small indentation. Cover and let rest in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, clean your grill grate and preheat it to medium high.
- Place patties on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once. Arrange buns, cut side facing up on cool side of grill to toast. Place a few slices of pepperoni on each and top with mozzarella slices. As it melts it will hide the pepperoni and melt up towards the tops of the buns.
- Serve the patties with a fresh basil leaf and a spoonful of warmed marinara sauce topped with the cheese bun.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe Bookmark