This Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo with Roasted Butternut Squash is an easy way to impress some friends! Just don’t tell them your secret 😉
Everyone loves the smooth, creamy texture of a classic Alfredo sauce from time to time, but now and then you need to jazz up the flavors of that classicly tossed, haphazardly over al dente pasta. The fall season has me craving hearty roasted root vegetables that bring out the sweet flavor and soft textures of otherwise “boring” veggies. With the many add-on health benefits of butternut squash and pumpkin (hello vitamin A and healthy fiber!), I love adding them to meals to increase the health while maintaining all the smooth flavor I was hoping for. The pumpkin replaced the need for any cheese in the alfredo sauce. However, the hardest part of whipping this whole restaurant-worthy meal up was making sure I didn’t overcook the pasta!
This recipe for Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo with Roasted Butternut Squash is an easy way to impress some friends, plus the Prego Alfredo sauce gives you delicious flavor! Heck, splurge on the fresh pasta too and really knock their socks off! When you’ve finished cooking, you’ll have made a budget-friendly yet refined and seasonal meal! Everyone will think you are a 5-star chef as they are sip on a fresh glass of wine and enjoy. Little do they know it came together in under 30 minutes, and you used a jar of Prego Alfredo sauce as the base for everything.
If you are looking for more ways to make pasta night extraordinary, check these recipes out!
- Summer Scallop and Crab Pasta
- Savory Lamb Ragu with Pappardelle Pasta
- Quick Weeknight Pan Seared Salmon in a Cream Sauce with Pasta
If you’ve tried my Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo with Roasted Butternut Squash and Turkey Recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 jar Prego Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz fresh pasta
- 2 tbs butter
- Fresh sage
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey or chicken cut into bite-sized pieces and heated through
- 1/8 teas freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping if desired
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the butternut squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through cook time.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water per directions on the package for al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the Prego Alfredo sauce in a pan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the pumpkin until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set the heat to low while everything comes together.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat until melted. Allow the butter to cook until light brown and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Place a few fresh sage leaves in and allow to cook until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the pumpkin alfredo sauce and stir in the butternut squash and turkey.
- Divide onto dishes and season with a touch of freshly grated nutmeg, crispy sage, and parmesan cheese. Serve.