This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This post is sponsored by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
When I get home from work, it’s a mad rush to walk the dogs, do the laundry, prep meals for the next day and feed my family, all before collapsing to relax for a bit. I have a hard-working bunch that comes home starving and ready to devour anything in front of them, and no one wants to have to wait. Dinner needs to be on the table quick, without any stress and little prep work so that everyone sits down happy before the hangry-fairy strikes.
That’s when I get a little creative in my kitchen and look at what I have on hand. Reaching for a jar of Prego® Traditional Sauce, I feel the craving for something hearty start to stir. I route through my pantry and grab some delicious, healthy options like whole wheat pasta and find some frozen peas, fresh mushrooms, and onion to add some texture and flavor. All of this will go great with that fresh salmon I had picked up from the market and was looking to put to use.
In under 30 minutes, with only two pans to wash, I have a filling, healthy meal on the table filled with fresh healthy ingredients. It’s the perfect mix of weeknight convenience with restaurant quality flavor that is sure to please. And now, I can sit down and relax.
- 6 oz Farfalle pasta
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 8 oz Salmon
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Onion minced
- 4 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms washed and sliced
- 1/2 teas Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teas Dried Basil
- 1 jar 23 oz Prego Red Sauce of Choice
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Frozen Peas heated
- Fresh Basil for Garnish
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water to just al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. Lay in the skillet and cook for 7 – 10 minutes, flipping once half-way through, depending on thickness (fish will flake easily with a fork when done). Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir in the mushrooms and onions. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes to soften. Stir in the Prego sauce and the cream cheese to heat through. Mix so that the cream cheese melts. Meanwhile, break the salmon up into bite-sized pieces and discard skin. Stir the cooked pasta, peas and salmon into the sauce. Toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh basil on top as a garnish and enjoy.