For when you are craving everything that is summer but don’t want to give up the carbs. This Summer Scallop and Crab Pasta is the perfect dish for light seasonal eats with fresh veggies, tons of herbs, and a little spice from cured chorizo.
It’s the time of year when almost everything is in season and picking just what to enjoy before it goes to waste becomes a challenge. Herbs are springing up from the garden in abundance and produce carts are on every street corner hawking something local. Fishmongers hawking scallops and fresh blue crab on the corner. What’s a girl to do?
Get in the kitchen and play is the answer. We are high into blue crab season and the picking is right. Paired with some huge diver scallops and herbs living is good. This is one of those toss it all in together over fresh pasta dishes and let me tell you, it works. In big ways. Fresh-grilled corn stripped from the cob, just a scant bit of cheese and everything from the garden you can carry in is the magic behind this dish.
Even if you are craving seafood in the middle of winter, this Summer Scallop and Crab Pasta can be made with market herbs and veggies on the quick. Pick a bushel of blue crabs when they are in season and freeze them for use later in the year. So really, there’s no excuse to not be whipping this up whenever the craving strikes!
Looking for more show-stopping seafood recipes? Try some of my favorites!
- Char-Grilled Lobster
- Scallop Gratin
- Sweet Corn and Lobster Bisque
- Crab Stuffed Flounder
- Double Stuffed Smoked Salmon
If you’ve tried my Scallop and Crab Pasta Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below.
I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also join in on the adventures on Instagram @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
Summer Scallop and Crab Pasta
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 lbs diver scallops
- ¼ yellow onion minced
- ¼ yellow pepper chopped
- ¼ green pepper chopped
- ¼ orange pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 oz pasta cooked to al dente and drained
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lbs crab meat picked over for shells
- 2 cobs corn grilled, corn scraped from cobs
- 2 oz top quality cured chorizo or other spicy sausage
- handful fresh chives snipped
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottom skillet and sear the scallops until just cooked and light brown on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the onion and peppers until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta, olive oil to coat, crab meat, corn kernels, chorizo, chives, and cooked scallops. Toss it all to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and serve.