Cast Iron Roasted Chicken with Strawberry Rhubarb Balsamic Glaze is the perfect rustic recipe for sharing moments with friends and family.
I hope you are as excited about this cast iron chicken recipe as I am. And taken with visions of heavy antique wood stoves steaming away in the background.
Have I gotten you in the mood to start swinging dark heavy iron onto your stovetop? Try these recipes out while you’re at it!
If you’ve tried my Cast Iron Roasted Chicken with Strawberry Rhubarb Balsamic Glaze Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- For the Strawberry Rhubarb Glaze
- ¾ cup Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar fig reduction
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks rhubarb trimmed and chopped
For the Chicken
- 2 tbs grape seed oil
- 4 lbs bone in skin on chicken quarters
- fresh thyme and sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberry rhubarb glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat to a simmer over low heat and allow the sauce to thicken over time. Keep an eye on it and remove from heat if needed. If sauce thickens too much, add a bit more of the strawberry preserves.
- Meanwhile, heat the grape seed oil in a large cast iron skillet until very hot. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt. Place the chicken skin side down and allow to crisp and golden,7 to 10 minutes. Flip the chicken carefully, cover, and place in the oven, cooking for another 20 minutes. Remove the lid and spoon a bit of the sauce over the chicken. Place in the oven and cook another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on a platter with additional sauce on the side to spoon over the top.
Model Credit the ever boho Alice Phillips of Ally’s Kitchen