Cayenne Maple Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Squash is the quick easy and healthy holiday side you are craving this season.
Cayenne Maple Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Squash comes together super fast, all you have to do is slice and toss the veggies before baking. You can mix up the squash with whatever is on sale at the market or needs using up in the pantry. Acorn or butternut squash are two of my favorites, but seriously use whatever you have. Even picky eaters love the sweet and spicy flavor combo on these delicious brussels sprouts. Add in some dried cranberries for presentation and this becomes a show stopper. It sure beats that canned soup green bean casserole everyone is looking forward to and will take a little of the guilt off as you go back for a second slice of pie.
Want to Round out your holiday menu? Try these.
- Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- Smoked Crab Imperial
- Ginger Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Carrot Soup
- Beef Wellington with Creole Mushroom Mix
If you’ve tried my Cayenne Maple Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Winter Squash Recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Cayenne Maple Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Winter Squash
- 2 pint brussels sprouts havled
- 1 acorn squash seeds removed and sliced
- olive oil
- bacon fat
- 1/4 – 1/2 teas cayenne
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil
- Combine the brussles and squash in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and bacon fat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 – 1/2 teas cayenne. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and add 2 tbs real maple syrup.
- Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Toss with cooked crunchy bacon and walnuts and serve.