This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Kale Salad? I thought this was Girl Carnivore?? Don’t worry, you’re in the right place. Bacon makes everything better 😉
How do you get a carnivore to eat their veggies? Toss them in bacon fat. Problem solved.
There’s something about a crisp salad filled with dark greens, the snap of seasonal apples, the crunch of pecans, and the flavor of a warm bacon vinaigrette. It’s guilty. It’s wrong. It’s oh, so good. That’s where this Kale & Apple Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette fits in.
But hey, at least you ate your veggies.
Looking for more carnivorous salads? I wouldn’t let you down. It’s not just lettuce in a bowl people!
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak Summer Salad
- Grilled Coffee Crusted Flank Steak Salad
- Chorizo Hash Breakfast Bowl with Chipotle Cream
If you’ve tried my Kale & Apple Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 6 oz bacon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tart apples diced into matchsticks
- 8 oz red leaf lettuce roughly chopped
- 8 oz ounce fresh kale stems discarded, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 oz shaved cheese Parmesan or pecorino
- 2 oz craisins
- 2 oz Toasted pecans
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Lay on a paper towel to drain. Reserve 1/4 cup of the bacon fat.
- In a bowl, whisk the white wine vinegar and the maple syrup. Stir in the bacon fat.
- Toss the apples, lettuce, and kale tother. Toss with the bacon vinaigrette to coat (don’t be too heavy, or the greens will wilt). Season with pepper and sprinkle with cheese, craisins, and pecans.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE