This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Add zest to your side dishes this season with these BBQ Glazed Smoked Brussels Sprouts and watch everyone come back for seconds!
This post was sponsored by Head Country Bar-B-Cue Sauce. The thoughts and opinions expressed within are my own.
Brussels Sprouts. Everyone loves to hate them. But once you give them a chance, you can end up really enjoying them. As with most things, it’s all about how they are cooked.
And, once you try Smoked Brussels Sprouts, you may forever be changed.
Don’t believe me?
Can you smoke Brussel Sprouts?
Yes. And this bacon loaded Brussels recipe will convert any skeptics and make bigger fans out of those who already love these mini-powerhouses.
There was a time in history not that long ago when sprouts were soggy and mushy. All from a can or frozen and boiled to death.
Those days are done. Roasting, pan-searing, and smoking sprouts to cook them through without losing the quality of the veggies is the way to go.
How to Smoke Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts take incredible well to the smoked flavor of the grill.
They remain hearty and have a great mouth-feel while soaking in flavors. The addition of a barbecue glaze at the end pops a bit of zing into the dish and livens it up.
Simple prep them and season them and place them on your smoker until they are fork-tender. The kind of smoker and temp you are running will change the cooking time. I aim for 225-250 and about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Bonus, add a dipping aioli to the menu for added flavor!
Mix your favorite mayo with a touch of creme fresh and Head Country Championship Seasoning Sweet and Spicy seasoning blend.
And watch even the biggest naysayers become full-on brussels sprouts fans. All because of your mad grilling skills.
Want more side dish inspiration? Try some of my favorite recipes
If you’ve tried my BBQ Smoked Brussels Sprouts with Bacon recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
BBQ Glazed Smoked Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 4 strip bacon
- 1 onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lbs brussels sprouts stems trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tbsp Head Country Championship Seasoning Sweet and Spicy
- 1/2 cup Head Country Apple Habanero Bar-B-Que Sauce
For the Spicy Aioli
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp Head Country Apple Habanero Bar-B-Que Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Head Country Championship Seasoning Sweet and Spicy
- Preheat the smoker to high. Place a cast iron skillet over the highest heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain, reserving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce the heat on your smoker to 250.
- Add the onions, garlic and brussels to the pan and toss to coat in the bacon drippings. Sprinkle the Head Country Championship Seasoning over top.
- Cover the lid and allow to smoke for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the sprouts are fork tender.
- For the last 20 minutes of smoking, toss the brussels sprouts in half of the Head Country Bar-B-Cue sauce.
- Remove the sprouts from the smoker.
- Chop the bacon and add it and the remaining Head Country Bar-B-Cue sauce to the pan of sprouts, tossing to coat.
- Serve hot.
Meanwhile, make the spicy aioli.
- Whisk the sour cream, mayo and Head COuntry Apple Habanero Bar-b-que sauce together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the Head Country Championship Seasoning over top and serve alongside the smoked brussels for dipping.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE