This recipe comes together (almost) as quickly as those grocery market boxes and knocks them clear off the shelves.
Ground beef. It’s like the be all end all American staple. Between “Helpers”, skillet meals, sauce packets, and kits, there’s not much mom can’t make on the quick with a pound or so to feed a hungry family. Well, throw it all away. Because this recipe comes together (almost) as quickly and knocks those grocery market boxes off the shelves. This is a weeknight burger the way things are meant to be. Tortas Hamburguesas.
There’s even magic bacon hidden inside of the patty.
Looking for more ways to elevate ground beef to the next level? Check out some of my Over-the-Top Burger Creations!
- Short Rib Burgers with Lemongrass & Fennel Slaw
- Zesty Pimento Cheeseburger
- Harissa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Smoked Blueberry Raclette Burgers
If you’ve tried my Tortas Hamburguesas, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1/4 onion minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- handful snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teas salt
- 1/2 teas black pepper
- Monterey Jack cheese with pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- bread or rolls split and toasted
- avocados sliced
- tomatoes sliced
- shredded lettuce
- cilantro pickled jalapeno, hot sauce as toppings
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, ketchup, and paprika. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Cook the bacon, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Set aside to cool (reserve the bacon fat). When cooled, combine ground beef, bacon, drippings, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Form into 1/4″ thick patties, cover, and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Cook patties 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once. Lay sliced cheese over patty when almost done and cover to steam and melt.
- Serve on toasted bread with mayo-ketchup sauce, avocado, lettuce, tomato and other desired toppings.