This is a gentleman’s burger. Smooth, sweet, with just a bit of bite. The flavors of bourbon onions, blue cheese, bacon and the perfect all-beef patty with the perfect touch of bourbon blended hot and spicy barbecue sauce makes this Bourbon and Blue Burger a black-tie affair.
This Blue Cheese Burger post was sponsored by Head Country to highlight their kick-butt line of Barbecue sauces and spice blends. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. But, no lies, this burger is tasty.
I firmly believe there are three food groups that can be amazing 99% of the time and heartbreaking 1%.
Tacos. That’s right. No one ever bites into a taco wanting it to be underwhelming. But (and I hate text talk) OMG when it’s good. It’s good.
Pizza. No excuse, It’s the 21st century. Lousy pizza should have been eradicated with the takeover of WiFi. And yet, sometimes, it happens.
Burges. There may be a slight personal bias here, but a burger – ever the basic, lettuce, tomato, pickle, bun, should be an experience. The patty should stand alone with all the other flavors and textures cheering it on like a personal flavor hypesquad. But, we can all think of that one time we polite took yet another bite out of a flavorless, dry hockey puck and died a little.
For all of those burgers gone bad. Let me introduce you to one that makes it right. The Land Rover of its field. No, not a smooth Porsche or an Aston to cruise in. This is a high-class combination for your palate with all the rugged necessities to make it the perfect burger for your desires. Manly enough to dominate the table, luxurious enough not to have to.
Imagine bourbon sauteed onions, melting high-quality blue cheese crumbles, the best thick-sliced smoked bacon, and a touch of bourbon-infused Hot and Spicy Barbecue sauce atop it all.
Forget the garnish. This burger doesn’t need a hype squad. It brings it all in every bite. Just like the Land Rover, it comes in perfect with no explanation required.
Check out some of my personal Burger Creations!
- Short Rib Burgers with Lemongrass & Fennel Slaw
- Zesty Pimento Cheeseburger
- Harissa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Smoked Blueberry Raclette Burgers
If you’ve tried my Bourbon and Blue Cheese Burger Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Bourbon and Blue Burger
- 1 lbs ground beef 70/30%
- 1 teas salt
- ½ teas freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teas Head Country Championship Seasoning, Sweet & Spicy
- ½ cup Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Hot & Spicy divided
- ½ good bourbon or whiskey divided
- 1 Onion sliced into ¼” wedges
- 4 oz Blue cheese crumbles
- 4 slices Bacon cooked until crispy
- 4 fresh Hamburger Rolls
- Mix the ground beef with salt, pepper, Head Country Championship Seasoning, Sweet & Spicy Blend and 1 tablespoon Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Hot & Spicy. Divide equally into 4 portions and shape into patties. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat your grill.
- In a small heavy-duty pan, whisk together the remaining Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce, Hot & Spicy sauce and 2 tablespoon of the bourbon.
- In a heavy duty pan, melt the butter and add the onion slices. Saute for 2 to three minutes. Pour in the remaining bourbon and allow the liquor to cook down, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden and soft.
- Grill the burgers, cooking to medium temp or 160F for ground beef.
- Slide onto toasted buns, working quickly while everything is hot. Arrange the blue cheese atop the burgers to allow it to melt over the hot patties. Pile the onions and bacon on top and drizzle with the bourbon-infused Bar-B-Q sauce. Place the remaining bun half on top and serve.