Looking for the perfect low-carb side dish? Meet your new favorite recipe —This Steakhouse Keto Creamed Spinach is the perfect cheesy indulgence that’s easy to make and goes with so much! All you need is a few basic ingredients, and you’ll be indulging in creamy goodness within minutes. With bold flavor, a low carb count, and leafy greens, this healthy side dish is the perfect thing to serve at holiday dinners as a great side dish.
Why You’ll Love Steakhouse Keto Creamed Spinach
What’s not to love about this velvety dish? You’ll love how easy it is to make and how versatile it is. This recipe is one of our favorite ways to sneak in some extra greens.
This is one of our favorite keto recipes because it brings all the flavors of expensive steakhouse spinach a la carte side dishes into the comfort of your home and takes less than 20 minutes to make! We might be a bit biased, but this honestly is the best creamed spinach recipe we’ve had. It is a staple on our menu from fall through spring, as packing in delicious rich leafy greens is always a bonus.
This low carb creamed spinach side dish is the perfect addition to any spread! Even if you’re not a fan of spinach you’ll still love this! It’s an easy side dish recipe with bold garlic and peppery bites of luxurious creamed spinach. It’s easy to make and helps us stay on a clean diet, leaving us satiated and full without giving up any indulgence.
This classic side dish is a great addition to your holiday table or any weeknight dinner. With simple ingredients and minimal steps, it will be ready to serve in no time!
Steakhouse Keto Creamed Spinach Ingredients
For the keto creamed spinach
- Bacon Fat
- Garlic Cloves – fresh minced garlic is great, or add a little extra pop with cloves from smoked garlic confit
- Girl Carnivore Over Easy – or any herbaceous spice blend you love or Italian seasoning
- GirlCarnivore Ooomami – umami mushroom powder
- Steakhouse Seasoning – We love Jack Daniels Steak Seasoning or Garlic Junkie from Spiceology
- Kosher Salt and Freshly ground black Pepper
- Fresh baby Spinach – it’s important to use fresh spinach for this recipe as frozen spinach just doesn’t work the same.
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese – sometimes we add mozzarella cheese too depending on what we have in the fridge
- Lemon Zest
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Crispy Bacon
How to Make Easy Keto Creamed Spinach
This recipe works both on a classic range or on the grill. We use a large cast iron skillet because it’s naturally non-stick and keeps the creamed spinach warm after being cooked.
First, heat the bacon fat in a large skillet over medium heat.
Then saute your onion in the bacon fat for about 5 to 7 minutes until your onions are clear. Next, add your garlic and cook a minute longer.
Season with the Girl Carnivore Over easy, Ooomami, steak seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir it together.
Now you’re ready to add the spinach, filling the pan and letting it wilt a little before adding more. You’ll want to do this in batches. It looks like a lot of spinach, but we promise, as the spinach cooks, it wilts down to nothing.
When all the cooked spinach has wilted down, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
Off heat, add the cream. Add the cheese. Reduce.
Finally, return to low heat and allow the cream to reduce until the creamed spinach has thickened and has a creamy texture, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add in the nutmeg and lemon zest and stir it together.
Lastly, garnish with cooked crumbled bacon and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
How to Serve Steakhouse Keto Creamed Spinach
This recipe goes so well with a variety of meats like
It’s truly the perfect side dish you can serve with anything!
Steakhouse-style creamy spinach is highly addictive, so don’t say we didn’t warn you! We’d be surprised if you wind up with any leftovers, but if you do, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. The best part about this low carb side dish is you can easily store creamed spinach it and enjoy it all week long.
To reheat leftover spinach, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and reheat until warm, stirring to ensure it reheats evenly.
This easy creamed spinach recipe is one of our favorites to make when we know a lot of people are coming over because it’s so good and perfect for anyone on a low-carb diet or keto diet. It’s so easy to toss together, and we’re a sucker for any type of cheese sauce, so this creamy spinach just makes sense.
It is the best-creamed spinach recipe we’ve ever had, and we won’t stop recommending it! If you give it a go, let me know how it turned out in the comments. Plus, it’s a great side dish to toss together if you’re short on time! Next time you need a mouthwatering side dish filled with a powerhouse vegetable, give this easy keto creamed spinach recipe a chance—you won’t be disappointed.
More delicious low-carb side dishes
Steakhouse Keto Creamed Spinach
For the Creamed Spinach
- 1 tbsp Bacon fat
- ½ Onion minced
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Girl Carnivore Over Easy Or Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp GirlCarnivore Ooomami Or umami powder
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Steakhouse seasoning Jack Daniels Steak Seasoning or Garlic Junkie from Spiceology
- 16 oz Spinach fresh
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ tsp nutmeg freshly grated
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crispy bacon
- Heat the bacon fat in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onion in the bacon fat 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Season with the Girl Carnivore Over easy, Ooomami, Steak seasoning and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the spinach, filling the pan and letting it wilt a little before adding in more.
- When all the spinach has been added and wilted down, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.
- Return to low heat and allow the cream to reduce until the creamed spinach has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add in the nutmeg and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with cooked crumbled bacon and freshly ground black pepper.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe Bookmark