This is a weeknight quick meal that is perfect for anyone trying to eat healthy (it’s Whole30 approved) and loaded with flavor! Quick BBQ Chicken with Grilled Apples.
This is a sponsored post for Char-Broil.com but it doesn’t make the recipe any less tasty.
There is something about grilling over charcoal that leads people to believe it takes hours. That’s not really the case at all. With the quick light of our Halftime Chimney Starter and the even heat of the Kettleman grill grates, cooking over the coals on a busy weeknight is a breeze. This char-grilled BBQ chicken with grilled apples meal is perfect at producing juice grilled chicken off the grill in under 30 minutes and only takes 7 ingredients! The side dish of the tart granny smith apples really shines with the heat bringing out a bonus sweet flavor and tenderness, making them the perfect side. Want to get fancy, throw in some onion rings on the grill too. Onions and apples pair perfectly with chicken and some of your favorite slaw and fresh cornbread on the side make this a homemade weeknight triumph!
Looking for more ways to make your chicken amazing? Don’t go for bland birds. Try these!
If you’ve tried my Quick BBQ Chicken with Grilled Apples, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Quick BBQ Chicken with Grilled Apples
For the Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the Apples
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- Preheat your grill for two-zone grilling.
- Pat the chicken dry. Whisk the ½ cup olive oil, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl. Place in a sealable bag and add the chicken. Seal bag and massage chicken to evenly coat.
- Cook for 10 minutes or so, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Flip, cooking another 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Farhenheit. An instant read thermometer is great for checking internal temperatures.
- Remove chicken and let rest.
- While chicken rests, slice apples into thin wedges. Toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place apples on indirect heat of the grill. Grill apple slices, 3 to 5 minutes until just beginning to see grill marks on both sides. Remove from grill.
- Slice chicken and arrange on a platter with the apples. Drizzle accumulated juices over the chicken and serve.