This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Ever been to New Orleans? Get a hint of it with this New Orleans Style Fish Sandwich! Juicy, flavorful and just what you need.
After a long day under the hot sun, pulling in the perfect catch from deep blue ocean with your bare hands, one could build up an appetite. Especially for a fish sandwich.
If you’ve spent the afternoon playing Deadliest Catch and are ready for a hearty meal, that walks on the line between healthy and gluttonous, this is the fish sandwich recipe you are looking for. With garlic and butter sticking to your lips, fresh giardiniera relish leaving a little vinegary bite, and Old Bay bringing a little heat, this is a deadly flavor combination making one hell of a meal.
You’re going to get messy. I promise. New Orleans Style.
New Orleans Style Fish Sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- 1 cup drained giardiniera
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6- to 8- ounce fillets grouper wahoo or other white meaty fish
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small heat proof bowl, microwave the butter with the garlic for 15 seconds, stir and microwave 10 seconds longer if needed. Stir in the thyme and hot sauce.
- Pulse the giardiniera, olives, and parsley in a food processor until finely dices. Add the olive oil and pulse again. Set aside.
- Brush the fish with the garlic butter and season with old bay and pepper (I used a ton of Old Bay, but I’m from DE. That’s how we roll.) Place in the skillet and baste with additional butter coking for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the rolls toasted with heaping portions of the olive relish on top. Place fish, lettuce, and the top with the rolls.
Try these other recipes!
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE