This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This is the ULTIMATE steak sandwich. Totally loaded with tons of big bold flavors, juicy beef and of course – cheese! Two hands needed and probably a dozen napkins or so. Absolutely worth it!
Where did you find your magical steakbomb? That perfect favorite lunch spot. That place that knows what you want and isn’t going to count calories for you. The place that’s going to throw down some slow and slow comfort food the way only they know-how.
There’s something about that place, even when you are on the most strict diet, that calls out like a siren to the sea. This post is for those of you who love every single guilt-inducing bite and your regular spot at the counter.
The Adventures in Comfort Food is a book chronicling the amazing recipes from just this style of eatery. Every single recipe is a test in Pavlovian response. From the gnocchis to the nachos – I tabbed at least 72% of the pages before realizing my efforts were futile. I am just going to spend the next few sweater months acquainting myself with these fine recipes.
And so I started with this one, the Steakbomb. A forget the knife and fork just own it and get messy sort of sandwich. Roasted peppers and onions, homemade marinara, and freshly shaved beef. Yeah, I forgot all about the fork. I paired this awesome filling with a fresh spinach focaccia and all was right with the world (I just hid the scales for a few days).
Roll up your sleeves, dinner is about to get messy.
Epic Sandwiches are kinda my jive. Check these out and never have a boring lunch again!
- Blackened Swordfish Sandwich
- Leftover Smoked Turkey Sandwich
- Fried Pork Chop Sandwich with Rosemary Truffle Aioli
If you’ve tried my Messy Steak Sandwich – AKA – Steakbomb, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 tbsp mushrooms smashed
- ¼ cup poblano pepper seeded and ripped into 1″/2.5 cm pieces
- ¼ cup red bell pepper seeded and ripped into 1″/2.5 cm pieces
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- 5 oz steak shaved
- 4 leaves basil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup Marinara
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp Romano cheese grated
- 1 loaf Focaccia
- 2 tbsp hot pickled banana pepper rings
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Toss the mushrooms, peppers and onion in olive oil and spread them out on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast for about 20 minutes. Add the steak and cook for 5 minutes more, until cooked through.
- Add the basil and garlic to the vegetables. Top with the Latex, then the cheeses. Return to the oven to brown the cheese well.
- Take your piece of focaccia and cut off a corner (or edge, if it’s round) piece, about 8 inches/20 cm long and 3½ inches/9 cm wide. Split the soft part down the middle, leaving the edge intact. Shovel the filling into the bun and top with banana rings.
- Arm yourself with multiple napkins. Resist the fork and knife. Chianti in an old jelly glass would be the traditional bev.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE