This Argentinian Chimichurri Butter Burger is simple and yet amazing in its flavors. Plus, I share a pro trick that makes it an over-the-top flavor experience. Did someone say butter?
Here’s a pro-tip I got reprimanded for sharing.
Ready for it?
Finish your meat in fat.
What does that even mean?
It means smear a dollop of butter on a resting steak before serving and you are seriously going to amp up your flavor game. Swirl in a pat of butter when you are done with your pan sauce and watch it go from a topping to gone.
It’s a technique a lot of restaurants and chefs use to make sure your first bite is over the top amazing. And it works.
Something about the additional fat, melting over the hot meat brings forth a smooth richness that really makes close your eyes and savor the moment.
You can even use this trick in store-bought sauces after simmering them for a while. Just remove from heat, add a tablespoon of butter and like magic, they are elevated to the next level.
I mean, butter does make everything better, right?
Naturally, coming up with this recipe was easy. Just add a flavor-infused butter.
Seems like a totally normal idea.
Actually, I had already created an over the top Garlic Butter Burger in the past, and knowing how good that was, I had high hopes for this Argentinian Chimichurri Butter Burger.
I whipped up a chimichurri infused butter and some patties and got to work. In keeping with the theme, I let the meat shine through (as the Argentian’s are known to be quite passionate about their meat) by keeping the toppings simple.
As the butter melted and slid over the meat, the Pavlovian response of my taste buds went into overdrive and this burger didn’t even stand a chance.
Want more burger inspiration? Try some of my favorite recipes!
- Black and Blue Burger
- Harrisa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burger
- Fried Oyster Bayou Burger
- Rarebit Cheeseburger
If you’ve tried my Argentinian Chimichurri Butter Burger or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments!
Argentinian Chimichurri Butter Burger
For the Chimichurri
- 1 bunch Parsley
- ¼ habanero minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ red onion chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Chimichurri Butter
- 2 to 3 tbs chimichurri
- 6 tbs butter softened
For the Burgers
- 1 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- Red Onion
- Green Leaf Lettuce
Make the Chimichurri Sauce
- In a blender, pulse the chimichurri ingredients until everything is finely minced and combined.
- Stream in the oil and red wine vinegar.
- Set aside.
Make the Butter
- Mash the softened butter with a fork or a blender.
- Mix in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the chimichurri.
- Spoon butter onto wax paper and roll up, using your fingers to shape the butter into a log if desired.
- Place in fridge to set for 2 to 3 hours.
Make the Burgers
- Prep your charcoal and get the grill set and ready to go.
- Mix the ground beef with the salt and pepper in a large bowl. Form 8 thin patties.
- Arrange a dollop of chimichurri butter in the center of 4 of the patties.
- Press the other 4 patties on top and seal.
- Grill the burgers to your desired doneness, the butter will be oozing out.
- Place onto buns dressed with lettuce and red onion.
- Slice a bit more chimichurri butter and allow to melt down and over the burgers. Serve quickly and enjoy.
Sign up to save all your favorite recipes!Yay, you saved!