This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
These weeknight chipotle chicken burritos are ready in minutes and aren’t falling short on latin dinner cravings!
Maybe it’s the tortillas. Their soft foldable perfection… Maybe it’s the crisp toppings. Only limited by my imagination… Maybe it’s the zest from the perfect blend of spices. Kicked up and customized for a personal heatwave. Whatever it is, Mexican food is doing something right. These weeknight chipotle chicken burritos aren’t falling short on dinner cravings. With the possibility of adding any of your favorite salsa’s or additional fresh ingredients, these are kind of the base of all things quick and amazing on busy nights.
Bring on the crazy schedules and fast pace. I’ve got your back covered.
I personally can never get enough tacos. But with a burrito you can pack everything in to a nice neat package, and even take it with you. Think super portable taco delivery mechanism. And super delicious. so yeah, I’m all about burritos.
If you’ve tried my Weeknight Chipotle Chicken Burritos recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Tacos, Burritos, and Enchiladas are my happy place. From the super simple, to the loaded twisted tacos you’ll find on this site. I want all of them. Try these out next Tuesday!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce minced, plus 1 to 2 tbs sauce
- 1/4 cup black bean salsa
- 14 oz pinto beans drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup chopped rotisserie chicken skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 1/3 cup cooked rice
- 4 oz shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- sour cream guacamole, additional pico de gallo for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the pico de gallo, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and salsa. Allow to cook, stirring constantly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pinto beans and water. Bring to a simmer and add the chopped chicken.
- Allow sauce to thicken, about 3 to 5 minutes when everything is heated through.
- Off heat, stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Arrange the burritos on a work surface and divide the rice evenly between them.
- Pile the cheese, chicken filling, and romaine lettuce on top. Wrap the bottoms in and fold the tops over all burrito style.
- Serve with additional burrito fixings.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE