Want the perfect snack food? This Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers Recipe is my number one football food!
This post was sponsored by Farmland Foods. Tho, these jalapeno poppers are money and you should totally make them no matter what bacon you use.
Wanna know little secret? There’s a new club in town. A hip fun place that all meatatarians are discovering and stepping up to join. There’s no membership fee, no dress code, and everyone’s welcome. It’s the Farmland Bacon Club. That’s right, I said bacon club. And now, your day is made. They are slinging bacon prizes, bacon trivia, and featuring some of the most hardcore bacon fans of the nation.
So take your bacon love and wave that flag high because you just met 10 million of your closet bacon loving buddies.
Now, on to the bacon. The candy of meats. Crispy. Crunchy. Perfect bacon. Farmland Foods sent me several packages of bacon to give a go and think of an epic recipe worthy of a tailgating feast (because of you were going to hang out with your bacon buddies, a tailgating party would be the perfect sort of shindig).
You know the rules. Tailgating food requirements – portable, delicious, finger food.
These poppers fit the bill. They can be prepped ahead of time and reheated day of – or, if your tailgating celebration is equipped with the big guns (an actual grill) you could cook these in a foil pan right on the sideline. I didn’t just want a mild bite.
I wanted a popper that bit back, so I stuffed farm fresh jalapenos with authentic Mexican chorizo and cream cheese filling, wrapped them in Farmland bacon and set these babies to bake. Get ready to bite into a ball of heat.
Can you handle it?
If you’ve tried my Bacon Wrapped Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 12 fresh jalapenos
- 4 oz fresh chorizo removed from casing
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 slices bacon
- Slice the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds and as much of the inner walls as possible. Set aside.
- Brown the chorizo in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain on a paper towel. Let cool.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese with the chorizo and cheddar.
- With a tablespoon, scoop cream cheese filling into each jalapeno half (use your thumb to press the cream cheese mixture in place if needed).
- On a clean work surface, arrange 12 slices of bacon and slice in half at the middle.
- Starting at the bottom of each filling stuffed pepper, wrap each in bacon and arrange on an oven-safe wire rack, filling side up to prevent spilling.
- You can store the peppers in the fridge for up to 4 hours until ready to cook.
- If cooking in an oven: When ready to cook, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until bacon is cooked and crispy.
- If smoking: Preheat your smoker to 335 degrees and place the jalapeno poppers over the grill grates, lining with foil if your heat isn’t offset. Smoke for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until the bacon is crisp.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.