Cheese Covered Taco Nacho Bowl; piles of warm finger linking goodness, you’ll need extra napkins for this one. Who says a taco needs a shell.
Forget quaint meals and bikini bottom diets. This one is for those of us who never truly weaned ourselves off of the winter indulgence and prepping for a busy active lifestyle that requires a serious kind of fuel. This one is for nights when you need to pop a beer and unwind. For great conversation across the table and a communal bowl of content. For messy napkins and finger licking moment of awkwardness. This cheese covered taco nacho bowl is right where it’s at. Perfect for all of the above – and more.
This one’s for you.
If you’ve tried my Taco Nacho Bowl recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Tacos are my happy place. From the super simple, to the loaded twisted tacos you’ll find on this site. I want all of them. Try these out next Tuesday!
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 - 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup queso velveeta chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- tortilla chips good ones, not ones that will get soggy and die quickly!
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 16 oz can black beans drained and rinsed well
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir to coat. Reduce heat to low and keep warm while making the queso.
- Combine the velveeta, cheddar, milk, cumin, and jalapeno in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until melted and thick.
- On a large serving platter (or one with a bowl bottom to pool the delicious liquid gold), arrange a pile of chips. T
- op with some of the ground beef, chopped onions, peppers, black beans and cheese sauce. Repeat until toppings are used up. Or create individual taco bowls for guests with just one or two layers.
- Serve immediately.