A good steak should never need fancy toppings or bonus accouterments. But every once in awhile, it’s nice to add a little something-something to the steak topper just to add a little color to the plate.
Steak. It’s simply perfect just the way it is. It can pull off casual backyard grill or upscale restaurants with ease and never miss a beat. It always leaves you satisfied and never lets you down. A good steak should never need fancy toppings or bonus accouterments. But every once in awhile, it’s nice to add a little something-something to the steak topper just to add a little color to the plate. Not because the steak needs it, but because you aren’t willing to waste space for sides. That’s where this Steak Jalisco comes in.
That’s right, you don’t have rooms for sides. This is about the beef.
Want some more amazing steak night recipes? Try my favorites:
- Grilled Bavette Steak
- Grilled Coffee-Crusted Flank Steak
- Grilled Chimichurri Steak and potato power bowl
- Perfect Pan Seared Ribeye Steaks
If you’ve tried my Steak Jalisco recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 strip steaks
- 1/2 teas salt
- 1/2 teas ancho chile pepper
- 4 tbs cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 poblanos stemmed, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup blanco tequila
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbs Mexican crema
- 6 oz lump fresh crabmeat
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat and grease grates for steaks.
- Prep the steaks with salt and ancho chile pepper. Grill the steaks to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the beef broth, poblanos, tequila, onion, and garlic. Bring to a boil and allow the liquid to reduce to 1/4 cup. Whisk in the crema and boil for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and whisk the butter in one tablespoon at a time.
- Plate the steaks with the poblanos on top with crab meat piled high over each. Serve with freshly snipped cilantro and lime wedges.
Bookmark this recipe now!Save Recipe Bookmark