Bavette Steak is cut from the flank steak.
If you’ve tried my Rustic Grilled Bavette Steak Salad recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 lbs bavette steak
- coarse salt
- 2 heads romaine
- 6 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz mozzarella
- 6 radishes sliced thin
- 1/2 lbs roasted fingerling potatoes diced and roasted
- black lava sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill for indirect heat. If using coals, stack the lit coals to one side of your grill. For gas, set one burner to high and the others to low. Close the lid and allow the grill to pre-heat.
- Pat the bavette steak dry. Season liberally with coarse salt and paprika.
- Grill the steak over the cooler side of the grill for 7 to 9 minutes*, flipping once for an internal temp of 140 degrees F. Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, rub the romaine down with two tablespoons of the olive oil and skewer the tomatoes onto soaked kabob skewers.
- Place the romaine and tomato skewers on the cooler side of the grill and cook until lettuce is just starting to wilt and has a few char marks and the tomatoes are charred, rotating as needed. Remove from heat and place on serving plates.
- Add dollops of fresh mozzarella. Arrange the sliced radishes and roasted fingerling potatoes to the plate.
- Slice the steak against the grain and layer over each platter.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and spritz with the lemon juice from the wedges and a splash of balsamic.
- Season with coarse sea salt, a pinch of black lava salt and freshly snipped parsley.