This Slow Cooker Big Red Shredded Beef is the perfect spicy-sweet go-to meal for when you need to bring that signature BBQ flavors indoors. Try it on nachos, sliders, baked potatoes, or grilled dogs!
This post was sponsored by Big Red Soda. Yep, the perfect cola for your summer bbq Big Red Soda. Those guys. Tho, the thoughts and opinions are always my own.
Seems like barbecue season isn’t just a season. It’s a celebration any day of the year. You pull out a pile of shredded beef for a gathering of friends where yeah, the food matters, but the laughs and company are really the stars of the show.
No lie, I am the master of my grills, and want to throw down with killer food for every occasion. But, I have learned that my friends aren’t dropping in for just the food. It’s unwinding, sharing some time, and company. It’s the things you can’t buy and if they can happen to be around a great spread of mouthwatering BBQ, then all the merrier.
That’s why I had to learn to scale it back sometimes. That slow smoking a pork shoulder for a Friday night card game wasn’t always the best solution. That a perfected brisket was always the answer to those perfect friend filled nights.
So, I started to scale it back sometimes. Gave myself a pass to pull out the easy recipes with a good selection of noshable food and a pop-the-tab and go bar lined up for impromptu gatherings.
Yeah, I will always be the girl pitching a fire to roast lamb or curing salmon for a slow smoke. But some nights I cheat, and bring the BBQ in, so I can have a killer meal ready to go without missing a single hand of poker.
This Slow Cooker Big Red Shredded Beef is a perfect for quick nachos, as a filling for sliders, atop a baked potato, or even piled on a grilled hot dog. Pair it up with an ice cold Big Red pop for even more authentic Southern Barbecue flavor – no matter where the weather takes you.
When you’re looking for pull-apart meat that doesn’t require your attention for hours, the slow cooker is the way to go. Check these recipes!
- Slow Cooker Hoisin Sliders with Sriracha Kale Slaw
- Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Ribs
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Big Red Shredded Beef, the accompanying Nachos, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Slow Cooker Big Red Shredded Beef
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Big Red Soda
- 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1 teas Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 teas pepper
- 1 teas Cumin
- 1 teas Paprika
- ½ teas Cayenne
- ¼ teas ancho chili powder
- 1 teas cooking oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- Whisk the ketchup, Big Red Soda, cider vinegar, hot sauce and liquid smoke together in a large bowl. Add to the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk the salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Stir in the garlic and onion and cover with foil. Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes until onion is tender. Add to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add the chuck roast to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the beef is fork tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the beef from the cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to the slow cooker and toss with the sauce.
Big Red Shredded Beef Nachos
- Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups Big Red Shredded Beef
- 8 oz shredded cheese try mixing up your cheeses for different flavor combos
- 1 jalapeno sliced or pickled jalapenos
- 4 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- Pickled Red Onion
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the broiler to high. Move the rack to the towards the top middle.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pile a layer of tortilla chips, shredded beef and cheese over top.
- Top with another layer until you run out of tortilla chips.
- Place in the oven until cheese is melted and chips are just turning golden.
- Carefully remove and quickly top with jalapenos, beans, pickled red onions, scallions and a dollop of sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.