Eggs Benedict. Quick and easy? How is that possible? This recipe is here to make you rethink just how hard eggs benedict have to be.
Who doesn’t love waking up to a hearty breakfast to start the day? Better if you don’t have to make it for yourself (yay for mimosas). But for those moments when you have to wake up and make something for yourself, or impress an overnight guest, having a quick and easy fancy pants options like Eggs Benedict in the deck is a must.
Eggs Benedict. Neither quick or easy. But, impressive. Indeed. And this recipe is here to make you rethink just how hard these poached eggs on a muffin have to be. It’s quick and easy and can probably be made with ingredients you already have in your fridge. Go on and check it out.
Then get back to bed.
When you are looking for a perfect packet of protein, it doesn’t get much better than eggs. Try these recipes out, and you’ll be picking up cases rather than cartons.
If you’ve tried my Quick and Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 3 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 teas Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 whole grain English muffin
- few slices of ham
- 1 to mato sliced
- fresh chives snipped
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the sour cream, milk, and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan or deep skillet, heat enough water to cover eggs to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Crack the eggs, one at at time in a small bowl and drop each one into the pot carefully so to not splash. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the whites are set and the yolks are almost set. Remove the eggs gently with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, toast the muffin. Top with the ham and tomato slices and place in the toaster oven for another minute (or under the broiler).
- Arrange the eggs over the sliced tomato and spoon a bit of the sour cream ‘hollandaise’ sauce over each.
- Get fancy and win points for presentation by garnishing with chives and seasoning with salt and pepper.