Imagine perfect cheesy little burgers in mini bite-sized pockets! This Cheeseburger Bomb Recipe would be perfect for entertaining. Snacks that make you happy.
Nothing. Nothing is better than a seriously delicious cheeseburger. Right? I mean, if you find yourself here, we should totally agree on that. Because, cheeseburgers are kind of my thing. So, the other day when I found myself coming up with ideas for entertaining, football parties, and how to make portable burger awesomeness – Cheeseburger Bombs – I decided to grab a roll of biscuits and get to work.
These tiny little patties wrapped in pop-and-fresh baked up goodness made for pint-sized happiness. Serve them with a little takeaway cups of dipping sauce, think ketchup, mustard or have a build your own sauce bar encouraging people to mix and match their toppings. We all love a little mayo swirled in with ketchup now and then. Or some honey sriracha sauce would be pretty kicking on the go. See, the possibilities are endless.
Think about that as you build your menu plan for the upcoming big game. (Oh, and if you are looking for inspiration – you may want to check out these other seriously delicious appetizers)
Ps. these are quick and easy, like whoa. Which makes them a serious bonus. You could even make the patties ahead of time so that you just bake and go to serve warm when ready. And as another bonus (because I’m all about bonuses these days, like the Oprah of bite-sized burgers) because these are all wrapped up they are far less likely to make a mess.
Unless you can’t handle the mini dipping cups. You may want a chaperone on those.
Hard to balance beers, cheeseburger bombs, and tiny cups of flavor without things getting a little risky. Priorities, though.
Now, let’s break some bread.
It’s no secret that I love Burgers! Check out some of my Epic Burger Creations!
- Short Rib Burgers with Lemongrass & Fennel Slaw
- Zesty Pimento Cheeseburger
- Harissa Butter Stuffed Lamb Burgers
- Smoked Blueberry Raclette Burgers
If you’ve tried my Cheeseburger Bombs Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- ½ lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp burger seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ onion sliced paper thin and chopped
- 2 to 4 oz Sharp cheddar cheese cut into strips
- 1 tbs butter melted
- Grease a baking dish and preheat the oven to 375.
- On a clean work surface, press each biscuit into a 3 to 4 inch circle with your fingertips.
- Spoon a bit of the chopped onion into the center of each disk. Arrange a slice of cheese over each.
- Mix the beef with the Worcestershire sauce, burger seasonings and a dash of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Form the beef mixture into 10 small disks, about 1 1/2 “ wide and a ½” thick.
- Place the small patties over the cheese and carefully cup each disk in your hand and work the edges over the patty, pinching shut to seal.
- Place, seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Nestle each of the biscuits in the dish with about a 1” on either side.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 3 to 5 minutes before serving with pickles and mustard and ketchup for dipping.