Some meals just scream out to be be beefed up. Add a little punch. Forget the girly syrup and sweet and turn it into a meal for a man. And that’s just what happened here. Breakfast was calling. and these open face ham and egg waffle sandwiches were everything this girl carnivore needed to fuel her through the day.
Breakfast should always be this tempting.
- 1 recipe Basic Waffles
- 1-2 cups diced ham
- 6 eggs (more for family size)
- 2 tbs water
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices cheese
- barbecue sauce for topping
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Add the diced ham and cook until browning on all sides and how. Remove to a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Melt a pat of butter in the same skillet over medium low heat. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with the water. When the butter has melted and the foaming has subsided, swirl to coat pan. Increase heat to medium and add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and scramble.
- Over fresh warm waffles, divide the scrambled eggs into portions and top with the diced ham. Layer cheese over top quickly so that it melts - or pop your piles under the broiler for a moment to give the cheese a boost (on a baking pan or oven safe pan of course).
- Serve with a swizzle of barbecue sauce on top.