This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
These slow cooker turkey tacos are a great way to serve a big meal and not worry if someones going to have to ‘nuk their taco by the time they go back for seconds.
Nothing sparks random celebration quite like taco night (or tequila night… I don’t judge). With a plethora of easy fresh build your own toppings and the pile of perfectly seasoned meat drawing us in with it’s sweetly scented sirens song, the taco is a work of 100% custom art. Hand made for each person. At least around my table, mainly because I am too lazy to be making everyone their own dang taco.
So, get to making your taco. And let’s let this fiesta begin.
If you’ve tried my Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Tacos are literally my favorite! Try some of my other creations here.
Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 15 oz low sodium black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup favorite salsa
- 1.25 oz packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- dash of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chipotle hot sauce
- Tortilla shells and fixings shredded lettuce, sour cream, cheese, onion, pepper, cilantro and more
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat to coat the pan. Add the ground turkey and brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and add the ground turkey, beans, salsa, taco seasoning, sugar, cumin, paprika, and hot sauce if desired. Stir well (you may need to add a splash of water just to evenly coat everything).
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- When ready to fiesta, serve family style with fixings so that everyone can build their own tacos.