Tired of staring down captain crunch after your morning workout? Try this Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bagel Sandwich, because cereal just isn’t going to cut it.
Breakfast is not my friend. First, it’s early. Who likes anything when it’s early? Second, it’s usually packed with super sweet sugary cartoon themed things. Not meat. Which as we know, is kind of my thing. If you want a decent home cooked meal, you either have to make it yourself (did I mention it was early, and you are most likely grumpy?) or go out (see previously mentioned note, oh and now you have to put on pants). So, sugary rabbit with fruit flavor cavity causers it is.
Unless you get up and start making yourself these protein packed energy bombs of flavor. First we start with a savory egg. Gods gift to man. Then we mix in some peppers and onions and top it with a tomato basil sausage and some cheese before smothering it between a toasty bagel. Now we are talking my kind of breakfast. With a little (I’m talking 7 minutes of searing some sausage) prep work the night before, this comes together as quickly as you can scramble and egg and place it in the toaster oven, which isn’t nearly as complicated as fancy French toast. And it will leave you full all day long.
Breakfast is served.
If you’ve tried my Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bagel Sandwich recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 - 3 tomato basil sausages or zesty flavor of your choice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red pepper diced
- 1/8 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 4 large eggs or extra large if you are feeling up to it
- 2 slices favorite cheese
- 2 bagels
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Slice the sausage into 1/4" thick pieces and cook until brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Keep oven on.
- Add olive oil to skillet, swirl about. Add peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs until slightly frothy. Add to hot skillet and scramble. When set, remove from heat.
- Arrange bagels bottoms over sheets of aluminum foil. Place scrambled eggs with vegetables, on bottom, followed by sausage and cheese.
- Top with the other half and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in toaster oven and toast until bagel has softened and everything is good and melty. (really, that last part makes it epic).