This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This recipe for grilled steak and peppers is simple and has fresh flavors that blend and before you know it, the two of you have gorged on a spring feast fit for four.
It’s that time of year where people are kicking the mildew off those grill covers and starting small forest fires with their destructive but ever creative charcoal lighting skills. The time of year where a peaceful stroll through the neighborhood turns into a youtube sensation because someone went bear lured in by the rising smoke and aroma of grilled franks. The time of year to keep it simple and let the ingredients do all of the work. It was a long hard winter. Spring stayed too cold. The rain, snow and weather have done all they could to hold you back. But it’s time.
This recipe for grilled steak and peppers is so simple it seems like it would be boring. It’s not. The simple fresh flavors blend and before you know it, the two of you have gorged on a spring feast fit for four. Don’t worry about overdoing it. Let this one be simple. Steak is always better that way.
Time to start grilling.
If you’ve tried my Grilled Steak and Peppers recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Honestly, I love steak (Girl Carnivore right?). Try out some of these other recipes for inspiriation!
- 1 lbs small red skinned potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak flank steak, whatever looks good at the market
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 3 tbs fresh parsley
- juice from 1/2 a lemon plus wedges for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Clean grates.
- Cut the potatoes into halves and place in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook about 8 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Rub with the olive oil. Cook on the grill until desired doneness, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet (I used my flat iron griddle that had been preheated on the grill for 20 minutes) over medium high heat and cook the peppers, onions, and garlic with a tablespoon of water for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for another minute. Add another tablespoon of water to thin out the tomato paste and cook until veggies are tender but still have a crispness.
- Place veggies in a bowl with the potatoes. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Slice the steak into thin strips once it has rested and serve with veggie mix.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE