This Girl has your back on salad night. Pile on oven-roasted sweet potatoes, a succulent bite of steak grilled to perfection and we are on to something.
So there it sits, the dreaded freshly washed pile of lettuce for salad night. But, this Girl Carnivore has your back because salad just got good again. Pile on oven-roasted sweet potatoes, and the succulent bite of steak grilled to perfection of hot charcoal and we are on to something. No, we have it. So bring the wow to the table with this grilled New York strip and sweet potato salad recipe tossed with homemade chile-lime dressing. Show them that you can eat healthy and eat well too. This ain’t nuts and berries, bars and shakes.
This is health food done right.
Looking for more ways to make your salad more than just a bowl of lettuce? I thought so.
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak Summer Salad
- Rustic Grilled Bavette Steak Salad
- Grilled Coffee Crusted Flank Steak Salad
If you’ve tried my Grilled NY Strip Steak and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
Grilled New York Strip and Sweet Potato Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing
- 1 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ½″ pieces
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs New York Strip
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 ½ teas minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 12 teas ground cumin
- Fresh baby spinach arugula, or red leaf lettuce, chopped and tossed
- Mushrooms diced red pepper, diced red onion, chopped celery and any other salad fixings you enjoy
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and get charcoal ready in your grill.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the 1 tbs olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season well with salt and pepper. Bake in oven until cooked through and starting to brown, tossing once or twice, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, honey, chipotle, and cumin in a small bowl or in a resealable jar and shake well.
- Cook the steaks over coals until desired doneness and let rest 10 minutes wrapped tightly in aluminum foil before slicing in thin strips to serve.
- Arrange salad with sweet potatoes and other toppings on platter. Slice the steak and put it on top. Serve with the chile-lime dressing.