This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
I know what you’re thinking. Gross. A Frito Frittata? What in the world?
Well, you’re wrong.
Even though this frittata sounds nothing like it’s classic savory egg big brother, I’m here to tell you it’s freaking awesome. Even I was skeptical about the Frito baked, tabasco loaded meaty breakfast. And then I took my first bite. And after the searing burns on my tongue calmed down, I took another. I was in love. Impressed. And shocked by how well this all came together.
I get that the ingredients sound weird, but it works.
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 small red pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced cooked sausage
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small ripe vine tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro chopped
- About 1 1/2 cups Fritos corn chips I went bold with chili cheese flavor
- 10 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbs Tabasco
- 4 oz monteray jack cheese diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often, until heated through. Add the tomato and cilantro. Right before adding the eggs, sprinkle in the fritos.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the tabasco and pour into the skillet. Cook until the bottom of the eggs is just starting to set. Sprinkle with cheese.,
- Carefully, place the skillet in the oven. Bake until fluffy and set, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool a few
Check out these other recipes!
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE