This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
Winter is coming. Grab your DVRs and get to recording hours of your favorite shows because before we know it the threat of snow days and mad dashes to the market will be all the talk of the local news media. But no threat of snow – or any bad weather – will ever stop you from serving up some perfectly grilled barbecue.
For we are Evergrillers.
Evergrillers are the best of the best, the devoted hard core all year, every season, no condition too harsh, Masters of the Flame.
That’s right. We are prepared for the snow. We are ready for the rain. Bring on inclement weather. An Evergriller rises to the challenge because grilling is always in season. An Evergriller fears no blizzard. We are always ready and waiting for the moment to stoke the coals and keep the fire burning through the storm. Evergrillers endure the elements, all year long.
And to reward us ever brave vigilant guardians of smoke and fire, we proud few of us who call ourselves Evergrillers, Kraft Barbecue Sauce is there to watch our backs. Kraft Barbecue Sauce knows a good grill guru takes their saucing seriously. With a variety of revamped barbecue sauces like Original, Hickory Smoke, Sweet Honey, Mesquite Smoke, Sweet Brown Sugar, Sweet & Spicy, Spicy Honey, and Thick & Spicy, even in the harshest snow storm, Evergrillers are prepared to achieve the perfect char with flavor. No football party will go without extra napkins. No get together without lip smacking barbecue.
Just to show how much Kraft Barbecue Sauce gets that passion, they have created Evergriller innovations inspired by the challenges of firing up the barbecue in even the snowiest of conditions! They even let me test out my own pair of the Evergriller Ski-BQs , created them specifically to help Evergrillers like myself get from the door to the grill during the winter months, which were perfect when I was craving a burger during our first snow shower of the winter. You strap them on over your boots and they even had a slot for my barbecue sauce of choice so that it could arrive to the grill safely. Now, just to ski my way through the snow to the grill. Honestly, we kind of had a blast with them. They even have slots for your sauce so you never arrive sauceless at your grill!
Thank you Kraft Barbecue Sauce. Thank you for understanding the passion of the Evergriller devotees and rising up to the call of the flame. Because of you, my burger tonight is tasty.
And a tasty burger never goes forgotten.
- ⅓ cup Kraft Light Mayo
- 6 tbs Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce divided
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 3 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper
- green leaf lettuce
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 2 cups kettle-style barbecue potato chips
- Combine the mayo and 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Whisk to combine; Set aside.
- Preheat your grill for cooking and grease the grates.
- Mix the remaining 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce and ground beef in a large bowl. Divide into 2 large halves, then divide each half into 4. Press each into a thin wide patty, about 4 inches wide. Using your thumb, or the back of a spoon, create an indent in 4 of the patties. Fill each of the indents with the cheddar cheese. Top the patties with the remaining 4 patties and pinch the edges to seal. Season the outside of the patties with salt and pepper.
- On your preheated grill, grill the patties for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Carefully remove the burgers from the grill and allow to rest. Meanwhile, toast your hamburger buns.
- Prepare the burgers for serving by arranging lettuce on toasted buns, top with a cooked burger, spoon a bit of the barbecue mayo sauce mixture over each patty, sliced onion, and the kettle chips. Lastly, top with the buns and serve.
Grillers everywhere can enter for a chance to win an Evergriller innovation, the Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt, and a year’s supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce. To enter, grill fans can visit Grillin’ Fools between January 19 and January 30. The winner will be randomly selected at the close of the giveaway.
This post was sponsored by Kraft Barbecue Sauce, who provided the awesome Evergriller Ski-BQs and Kraft Barbecue Sauces for me to try along with a stipend for my time and ingredients. As always, the thoughts, opinions and recipe in this post are all Girl Carnivore’s.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE