This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy
This ‘double’ smoked salmon is a simple, but fancy looking meal. Go for a good smoked salmon when shopping for this recipe, you’re gonna love it.
Sometimes you have to make like a bear and well, eat fish. It can’t be all red meat and rarity because sometimes, as much as you hate to admit it, you just have to mix it up. Salmon is my go-to fish of choice, mainly because it’s hearty and leaves you feeling satisfied, even though it’s not a big hunk of steak. Second, because I don’t trust my local market as their deli case is always piled high with imitation crab meat and bottles of clearance sauce. Going out on a limb there may be playing a game of roulette I can’t afford to lose. I really need to stop being so lazy and drive a little further to the next market for my own safety. If you can, throw some cold smoked salmon in this double-smoked stuffed salmon.
This ‘double’ smoked salmon is a simple, but fancy looking meal. Go for a good smoked salmon when shopping for this recipe, and not just Starkissed, you’ll that me later. You can go through setting up your smoker, or cheat on it for the evening by placing un-soaked wood chips wrapped in foil on your standard grill as it preheats and leaving them on through the cook.
I recently spent a week chasing Salmon in Alaska with local harvesters, and I may be convinced that it is the perfect seafood. These recipes will keep you coming back for more!
- Quick Salmon Curry
- Whole 30 Approved Pan Seared Salmon with Creamy Leeks and Poached Egg
- Cast-Ironed Blackened Salmon with Cucumber Mango Relish and Avocado Cream
- Ancho Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Nogada Sauce
If you’ve tried my Double-Smoked Stuffed Salmon Recipe or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW MEon Instagram @girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 4 6 oz fresh salmon fillets about 1″ thick (with skin if possible)
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 4 teas fresh dill snipped
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 4 teas horseradish
- Prep smoker by soaking wood chips ahead of time and preheating according to manufactures directions.
- Slice a pocket in each salmon fillet and stuff with smoked salmon and dill. Squeeze lemon juice over each portion and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, in the smoker and cook for 30 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and begins to flake.
- Meanwhile, make the horseradish cream by combining the sour cream, scallion, and horseradish in a small bowl until combined.
Hey, I’m Kita, the Meat Maven, outdoor junkie, campfire connoisseur, adventure-seeking and world traveled recipe developer and photographer behind GirlCarnivore.com. My mission is to break down savory eats and inspire you to get a little grit under your nails while having fun with your food. READ MORE