This hearty soup is perfect for chilly nights and packed with goodness too. That creaminess isn’t all milk… Nope, oven-roasted pureed cauliflower. Way to go. It’s borderline good for you. And Ham, sweet delicious ham 😉
Hey you, over there. Yeah, you. The one still wrapped in blankets and fighting mildly lukewarm temps as the weather seems to not want to break free of winters grasp. This one’s for you. Cheesy Cauliflower and Ham Soup. Now, take your guilt and back it on up. Because this soup is hearty and perfect for chilly nights, but is packed with goodness too. That creaminess isn’t all milk… Nope, just happens to be some oven-roasted pureed cauliflower. And packed with ham too. Way to go. It’s borderline good for you. Get warm and work towards that bikini body at all the same time.
This post isn’t even slightly based on facts. I just like this Cauliflower and Ham soup.
Want more comforting soup ideas? Try some of my favorite recipes
- Greek Chicken and Egg Lemon Soup
- Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscana
- Steak and Potato Soup
- Chicken Gnocchi and Kale Soup
If you’ve tried this Cheesy Cauliflower and Ham Soup Recipe, please rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below.
I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also join in on the adventures on Instagram @girlcarnivore, Twitter & Facebook.
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 2 parsnips peeled and chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 leeks dliced, white and light green parts only
- 1 potato peeled and diced into 1/2″ pieces
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teas white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teas freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teas cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used a mix of Kerrygold Skellig and Dubliner
- fresh chives for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the cauliflower and parsnips with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the cauliflower mix over the baking sheet in a single layer and bake the veggies 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown (flipping once halfway through bake time).
- In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute about 6 minutes. Add the roasted veggies and potato. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes for the flavors to blend.
- When ready, use an immersion blender to puree the soup (leave a few chunks for texture if you prefer). Stir in the ham, milk, vinegar, nutmet, cayenne and cheese. Stir over low not allowing the soup to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with freshly minced chives.