Baked Chipotle Tilapia; a quick and easy weeknight meal. Serve it with your favorite sides, or over salad for a healthy dinner.
Anyone else out there pining for the great thaw so that we can get back to our porches and a little slow and low over the smoker? Here’s where die hard grill fanatics are rolling their eyes and proclaiming their supremacy. That’s fine. I am all about the grill all winter long too. I’ll even fire up the smoker in the snow. It’s just been damned cold. And last I checked, I had the technology to cook indoors, so I might as well make use of it before the icicles thaw from my smoker and the great out doors is calling my name.
Here’s one for the weeknights.
If you’ve tried my Baked Chipotle Tilapia recipe, or any other recipe on GirlCarnivore.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below. I get inspired by your feedback and comments! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram@girlcarnivore as well as on Twitter and Facebook.
- 2 to 4 tilapia fillets healthy cuts at least 1/2" thick at the center (if you get thinner, reduce the cook time as needed)
- 1 tbsp chipotle mayo
- 3/4 - 1 cup chipotle panko breadcrumbs sub regular if needed
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray an oven safe skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rinse the tilapia fillets and pat them dry.
- Arrange fillets in the skillet and spread a thin layer of chipotle mayo over each. Press the panko over each making sure it stays in a nice layer.
- Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, checking doneness with a fork.